Thursday, December 12, 2013

Gift of Tunes

I don't review a lot of products on this blog and the ones that I do, are products that I use in my running regularly and feel good about recommending to others.

Recently I was sent a Tune Belt Sport Armband to try with my running. What's funny is that when I got the email asking if I wanted to try it I remember telling Josh, "I can't imagine I will like it anymore than the one that I use now because I love the armband I use for my IPOD now." Well, when I went to look and see which brand I was using, it turned out to be a Tune Belt Sport Armband! So even though I was only sent one recently, I had bought my own quite a while ago and have been using it for over a year.



The armbands are super cool. They come in all different sizes to hold all different types of IPOD's, MP3 players and cellphones. The Tune Belt website is set up to easily help you find your brand of MP3 or phone and even takes into account if you use a case with your phone and which kind. You are guaranteed a perfect fit for whatever you use to listen to music when you run or workout.

All of the models come in black and a few come in bright pink or yellow. They are all around $20-$25 which I think is very reasonable for the quality of the product. 

I have used my Tune Belt Sport Armband with my IPOD nano in all conditions. I have used it in very warm weather (during Ragnar) and on my treadmill with bare arms, and I have used it bundled up like Frosty the Snowman in winter conditions. With no layers or many, it has always sat super comfortably on my arm and has never rubbed or bothered me in any way. Even in rain or freezing temps the touch screen has worked well and my IPOD has stayed protected. The one I have used in all sorts of weather, sweated all over, and put on and off hundreds of times still looks brand new.

These armbands are made of Neoprene, which is the same material used to make wet suits. It is lightweight, comfortable and stretches so it securely holds your devices and hugs your body without being binding. They also sell Tune Belt Sports Belts which work the same way if you prefer to carry things around your waist.

I like to run with music when I am doing my solo track workouts, and I often listen to audiobooks on my long runs (with just one earbud for safety reasons). At home on the treadmill, since I always run crazy early when the whole house is still sleeping, I often use the Tune Belt Sports Armband and headphones so I can hear my tunes without waking anyone up. :)

Tune Belt would like to giveaway one Sport Armband of winner's choice to one lucky reader here. I will randomly pick a winner next Wednesday, December 18. If you would like to enter to win a Tune Belt Sport Armband just leave a comment below saying you would like to enter and which product you would choose. Good luck!!!!

Tune Belt sent me this Sports Armband to review but I have purchased my own and all reviews and opinions are my honest thoughts.

29 comments:

Teresa Millstone said...

I'd like to enter and I'd pick the 4S / 4 with Slim Case - AB83






Gracie said...

I actually don't want to enter since I don't have a working ipod right now (about to set up a shuffle I bought on Ebay, though!), but I did actually buy one of these bands to use basically as an arm-pocket! I stuff my Gu in it for a race! And yes, it's very comfortable and stays put.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I haven't had a lot of time to read lately so I've been listening to audiobooks when I run, too. The armband might be fun to try.

Laura Dantin said...

I would like to enter. I would choose the iPhone 5c with a slim case.

Just Plain Jackie said...

I would LOVE to enter for the case!

AB84 please - iphone 5s with otterbox.

Heather Bellman said...

I didn't know that there was a company that made an armband where you could leave your phone in its case. I've been unsnapping my otterbox shell just to insert my phone in my armband every time I run and always worry I'm going to break it. I would love to try out the one for the iPhone 5 with Otterbox Defender. Thanks!

Campastor said...

I would love to enter! I would like the iPhone 5c with slimcase - AB83. Have been trying to find the best one to use with my iPhone and this may be the answer! Thank you!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Sport armband with the large case since I have an otterbox on mine.

-Missy said...

I too didn't realize there was an arm band you that would hold an iphone with a case. I'm too lazy to get my phone out of the case every time I want to run, this would solve that problem!

Rebecca said...

I'd like to enter... The armband for Ipod Nano 6th generation.

Cindy P said...

I would love to enter! Iphone5 reflective for me. :)

Penny said...





I like this one
Sport Armband for Galaxy S3 - Reflective Pink - AB86RP

Liz O said...

That is awesome! I'd choose the belt version for iPhone 4 with medium case. I don't listen to music, but always run w my phone for medical reasons...this belt looks far more comfortable than mine! Thanks for the review!

wilsonje said...

These look great! I would choose the Sport Armband for iPhone 5S / 5 - Reflective Pink - AB87RP.

Thank you!

Steve Gibson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve Gibson said...

It's been 1 year since my heart bypass surgery. I'm 51. I run / walk and inline skate on the bike path now and treadmill when it's too cold. I use Endomondo to track my worouts on my galaxy S4 phone. I think the AB88 would fir my phone. Good luck to you!

Lizzard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lizzard said...

I would love an arm band for an iphone5 with otterbox case :)

HalfCrazed Runner said...

No arm bands work for these skinny little twigs! I just use my ipod but latelyI don't even listen to music - just like the quiet hum of sneakers and pavement!

Gunderson Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gunderson Family said...

This would be so helpful! I would love to try an armband for my iPhone 5c :)
Anna Gunderson

washington pics. said...

I have an armband from Nike that I hate:( It rubs weird. I have an I-phone 4 and would love an arm band that actually feels good. Thanks!

washington pics. said...

Emily Ross said...

I would choose one for the iPod nano. We are getting my son one for Christmas and he is just starting out running...

Terri Graig said...

I'd love to win the arm band! I don't have one for I phone 4s. This looks great!
Terri Graig

Kathy said...

Sounds so cool! I would choose the Sport Armband for iPod Classic - AB5!

Jen said...

If and when I ever run outside, I'd totally use the black samsung s3 band.

Lacy @ Running Limitless said...

I've been looking for an armband for months now. I'm so picky and am always afraid that they won't stay in place. These seem ready nice and the reviews are great. Would love to try one so I don't have to keep stashing my cell phone in my sports bra. I really like the:SPORT ARMBAND FOR GALAXY S3 WITH OTTERBOX COMMUTER/DEFENDER CASE - AB88

rhae said...

I would love to enter and I would like the slim case iPhone 5s