Friday, September 20, 2013

It's Friday again!

I can't believe it is Friday again. The weeks are just zipping by since school has started. The "low" of the week would have to be water backing up from the drain in the laundry room floor and having to have our septic tank pumped and jetted. Fun fun fun. I guess we need a new leech field (I had no idea what that even was), but that is big $$$ we don't have, so we are hoping this gets us through the winter until our tax return.

One of the highs of the week would have to be that yesterday was our four year "anniversary" of getting our Noah! It all happened really quickly and the grim prognoses we got from the doctors should have had us scared to death, but I knew he was my baby and just felt peace and faith that it would all be ok. Here are pics from our first day with Noah -



And here is a picture from yesterday with Nate and Noah. :)


Running has been good this week! Still nothing exciting or impressive in regards to pace or mileage, but I have been averaging 8 miles a day and have done strides and the feet are holding steady. They still aren't perfect but haven't gotten any worse and I am not having any pain when running. I went today for a Myofascial release massage at the PT's office today and another E-stym treatment and am going to have the Myofascial release massage a few more times next week, so hopefully that will help get this last little bit of soreness/tightness to go away completely. It has felt awesome to be running regularly again and I have relaxed enough to enjoy it this week. Yay!

The weather changed drastically this week though. Up until Thursday morning I was running in a t-shirt or long sleeve top and shorts in the early mornings. Then Thursday morning it was 29 degrees! I had to bust out the gloves and beanie. This morning was more sub-freezing temps. I am NOT ready for winter yet!!!

Now for this week's winners in my fundraiser for Girls Gotta Run Foundation!

The lucky winners in this week's giveaway are -

PAT


JAMIE D.

Katie O.

Congrats and thanks to everyone who has donated!!!!!

Check out the post above and then email me at full house mom at g mail dot com and let me know what prize you would like!

If you would like a chance to win one or more of the may awesome prizes still available, all you have to do is GO HERE AND DONATE at least $10 and then leave me a comment below and let me know how much you donated (or you can email me at fullhouse mom at gmail dot com and let me know). Every $5 is one entry.

****If you go to the Girls Gotta Run Foundation website and commit to being a monthly donor you will get 50 entries in the giveaway. Leave a comment and let me know if you do!! Monthly donors are greatly needed. ******* 

We are just over $2000 raised to help support young female runners in Ethiopia. Thanks so much for all your help. I would be most grateful if you would help spread the word about this giveaway on your blog, social media, etc. 

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Mark Matthews said...

Happy 'Gotcha Day' to you and Noah. Our nine year Gotcha day for our daughter is tomorrow.

Beth @ Miles and Trials said...

I can't believe it was 29 degrees! Brrr! Yay for your 4 year Noah anniversary. So awesome!

Michelle C said...

Hi Erin! Have you ever read the book The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen? I just finished it and thought of you when I was reading it. It's a GREAT book about a teenage girl who is an avid runner. She loses her leg in an accident and feels that her life is over. I don't want to tell you too much, but anyway, I think you'd love it. I was so inspired and I'm not even a runner.

Allison Schumm said...

Hello,

My name is Allison, I am a mom of 14. I've recently re-picked up blogging. I found your blog through Mama D at http://www.ourjourneyoffaith.net/. I'm looking to connect with other adoptive families as I know we can provide each other understanding, love and support that others cannot fully understand. If you ever need an ear or someone to pray for you please know that I am here. Happy Gotcha day!

Many Blessings,
Allison

coach dion said...

This side of the Ocean I am ready for Summer...