Friday, August 30, 2013

Life and more winners!

I love running. I love training. I love racing. It is a big part of my life, and that is what I write about on here. But, I have a huge, blessed, busy, FULL life outside of running. In the past few days I have taken my Sadies to college, taken seven kids to the dentist, sat through a LONG IEP meeting for my Noah, got three high schoolers off to their first day of school, watched my Nate play his first football game as a senior, took five elementary school kids to back to school night, did back to school shopping for 12 kids, and tons of other less excited things. :)

This is the bulletin board we made for Sadies' dorm room. All of our handprints are on it (the extra is her boyfriend's). This was Jennifer's idea and she bought all of the supplies. It came out great!
Sadies with her boyfriend, G, and a bunch of the younger kids the night before she left. Maggie cried for two days. :(
Walmart receipt after back to school supply shopping. I had already bought all of the college kid's stuff separately, and this was just the school supplies (not shoes, clothes, etc.) August is our most expensive and stressful time of the year BY FAR. 
The boys all begged to go to Goodwill. Nate bought a metal Roman helmet, and Shane bought this green suit (it is dark green). He is wearing it to school on the first day of school. YIKES. Shorty said that Shane looks like a CIA agent and Ben replied, "Yeah, from the Emerald City!" :)
Amanda and Belane waiting at the dentist. SEVEN kids, ZERO cavities. Yeah baby.
Watching the football game with my Lauri. She is actually the one in the Brooks, but clearly I have trained her well! :)
It was a beautiful night for a football game last night!
Now for this week's winners in my fundraiser for Girls Gotta Run Foundation!

The lucky winners in this week's giveaway are -

PAT

KATIE W

BRIDGET

Check out the post above and then email me at full house mom at g mail dot com and let me know what prize you would like!

If you would like a chance to win one or more of the may awesome prizes still available, all you have to do is GO HERE AND DONATE at least $10 and then leave me a comment below and let me know how much you donated (or you can email me at fullhouse mom at gmail dot com and let me know). Every $5 is one entry.

****If you go to the Girls Gotta Run Foundation website and commit to being a monthly donor you will get 50 entries in the giveaway. Leave a comment and let me know if you do!! Monthly donors are greatly needed. ******* 

We are almost at $2000 raised to help support young female runners in Ethiopia. Thanks so much for all your help. I would be most grateful if you would help spread the word about this giveaway on your blog, social media, etc. 

Have a great weekend!


7 comments:

Diana Martinez said...

Hey! Donated $20 - wish it could be more (and not cuz I just want free stuff)!

I hope you raise lots of money!!

Anonymous said...

Where are YOUR shoes from in the pic at the football game? They look really comfy!

Amy @ Run Mom Run said...

I guess I shouldn't complain about back to school with two kids (not that I was, I know I have it easy!). I don't know how you kept it all straight!

HalfCrazed Runner said...

Taking my daughter to college tomorrow! I have a couple of receipts like that!

Beth @ Miles and Trials said...

I don't know how you do it, getting that many kids ready for school. I'm barely surviving getting 2 back to school. Seems like we have to go to the store every day to get more last minute supplies that teachers want!

Gracie said...

Ah, poor Maggie. When my older (and only) sister left for college I cried for weeks. It was heart-breaking for me - she was and still is my best friend and my only confidant in a house full of boys! I wrote her a letter every day until she came home for Christmas.

Matthew @ My Little Eye Surgery said...

Fun post!