Sunday, June 23, 2013

Most fun ever!


6 runners + 1 van + 198 miles = 1 epic weekend!

I ran Ragnar Wasatch Back this weekend with Josh and four of our closest friends and we had an awesome time. Everyone on the team did an incredible job, we had perfect weather, and I can't think of a more fun way to spend a weekend. I ran 35 miles and loved every minute of the adventure.

We were team S.P.U.R. - Six Psycho Ultra Runners! Wooohooo! Instead of 12 runners we ran it with only six, and we all ran back to back legs.

I have lots to catch up on, but here are some pics from the weekend. More soon! (And if you haven't done a Ragnar Relay, they are a blast. I may be biased, but Wasatch Back is the very best one, and the most challenging. You run up and over several mountain passes and the scenery is incredible).

Here is a quick video from our start - I got to be the first runner which I loved. :)
video

Waiting at the starting line with my love

Our team at the start
Lauri ran a crazy dusty leg. DIRT TEETH!
Darin joined our team the day before the race started and he ROCKED it.
The three amigos! It doesn't get any cooler than Darin, Josh and Dave
Two of our boys were on another team, and here is Shane and a friend hanging out, waiting to run
Dave supporting Josh up Ragnar Hill, and Lauri driving
Our team at the end!

12 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Glad you had a fun time and a fun team. Lol at the dirt teeth picture, that is funny!

Amy Z said...

How Fun! Glad you got to do it with Josh and your boys got to run, too! I am doing a relay in Colorado next month and really need to start working on hills, big time. Tt goes up mountain passes on dirt roads. I will pack a toothbrush, too!

Amanda@runninghood said...

So fun! I'll be doing my first Ragnar in September in the Adirondacks. I was thinking of you today so good to read a post from you (not that I really read many blogs these days). :)

misszippy said...

I love the nome costumes! How fun for you this weekend...I think that 's just what the doctor ordered for you right now. Congrats!

Amy N. said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I did the Northweset passage Ragnar as an all girls ultra team last year and it was an experience I'll never forget (and one I'm not sure I want to repeat)! It was just as fun as it was difficult. I'm sure you guys were incredible!

Becky at Prairie Runner said...

I love Ragnar Relays!! I will be running my 5th one this August in MN. Almost nothing better than a weekend with 11 of your closest friends doing what you all love to do!!! It is an experience that you just can't ever fully explain to others!!!

fancy nancy said...

Looks like so much fun!!! The dirt in the teeth is hilarious!!

lisa price said...

Rock stars!! Dying to do one of these races!! Love your pics!

Penny said...

THis relay looks awesome and fun. Congrats on run it.

giraffy said...

LOVE!!! Ragnar is the funnest!

Mommy Run Fast said...

That looks so fun!! I really want to do a relay some day...

Suz and Allan said...

Sounds like an epic weekend!