Thursday, May 23, 2013

Liquids

Truth - If you have to be on a liquid diet for a day and a half, and you have to skip running for a day, and you have to be away from home, and you have to spend time in the hospital, and you have to endure unpleasant medical procedures (again!) - a giant banana flavored slurpee helps a little.

That was my facebook status yesterday afternoon. :)

I got in a 12 miler yesterday morning and then Josh and I got to Salt Lake late afternoon. We are headed to the hospital in an hour and then should be on our way home sweet home by dinner time.  After a day and a half of nothing but liquids and a drug-induced "cleanse" I am feeling pretty exhausted, but I am looking forward to having this procedure over with and Josh has promised me gluten free/daily free pizza when I am free to eat again.  The doctors at Huntsman are as good as it gets so I am grateful to have access to such quality health care. 

There is TONS going on at home in the next couple of weeks. My bestest BFF Jennifer is coming from Florida on Sunday, my parents are coming from New York on Tuesday, Sadies is graduating high school on Thursday, Amanda turns 12 on Saturday, and then the last day of school for the rest of the kids is on June 6. In between now and the last day of school there are also about 612 concerts, plays, programs, meetings, ceremonies, etc. Lots of fun stuff and lots of excitement. 

Running has been going really well. I have picked the mileage back up a bit this week and had an awesome tempo run on Tuesday. I am definitely feeling great and fully recovered from Providence. Fun things, exciting things, and big things ahead. 

More soon!

9 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Praying everything goes well for you and that you are enjoying your pizza soon!!

Mark Matthews said...

I feel a bit cleansed just after reading this. Have fun with your friend.

coach dion said...

In my youth I had many weekends of a lquid only diet, but the liquid I was drinking was BEER... and that didn't stop me from running.

Hope the tests help in some way.

Raina said...

I hope you are able to devour that pizza with serious enjoyment. It is hard for me to go even 4 hours without food!

Things sound so very busy for you. I bet you can't wait for a slowdown. Hang on!! IT's coming soon!

L.A. Runner said...

Hoping and praying that you get excellent results back from your test. Enjoy the next few weeks with friends and family. :)

Raina said...

Also praying for good test results, Erin. ♥

Jen@runfortheboys said...

I am soooo excited!!!!!!! Love you lots much and am trying to pack a kitchen sink into a carryon bag. Ha!!!!

Christina Williams said...

I'm so glad to read a peppy recovery post! You always seem to recover well and I enjoy all of your positive messages here. Hope you enjoy the weekend and time with friends and family!

robinbb said...

I am amazed at how you can get your training done with all those commitments at school. I look at my girls' calendar for June and am overwhelmed knowing I have to get to everything and somehow put in all my training. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything because I am so thankful to have the opportunity. :) Hope the graduation went well this weekend!