I am excited to announce that since then, I have been offered and accepted a position on the Board of Directors for GGRF. I am thrilled to officially be a part of GGRF and to help further the incredible work that they do.
Right now there are just three days left in an awesome campaign through Activyst. You can see all of the details here, but basically you make a donation to the campaign, and then in return get an incredible active bag (or you can choose one of the other awesome bags available). The money being raised through this campaign helps girls around the world play sports. The first $25,000 raised was for Soccer Without Borders in Nicaragua, the second $25,000 raised was for Soccer Without Borders in Uganda, and the last $25,000 will go to sponsor the first ever female running coach in Bekoji, Ethiopia!!
As of right now, $62,321 of the $75,000 goal has been raised, and there are only THREE DAYS LEFT.
Did you know that a girl who plays sports -
- Is less likely to get pregnant or engage in risky sexual behavior
- Is less likely to stay in an abusive relationship
- Has reduced risk of breast cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis and other chronic diseases
- Achieves higher levels of education, and does better in school and work
- Gains confidence, positive body image, resilience, and leadership skills
- Is less likely to suffer from depression
The Girls Gotta Run Foundation is supporting six female athletes and the training and funding of Bekoji’s first-ever female coach.
Fatia Abdi Kadir is 22 years old. She says, “I want to help develop the best athletes. I feel good about being a female coach. There are no girl coaches here so that makes me feel special.”