Saturday, February 2, 2013

Game time

Everything has gone perfectly since we got here in Florida.

The weather is perfect. Tomorrow is predicted to have a low of 37 and a high of 68, with temps in the 40's for most of the race. No precipitation, minimal wind.

We drove the course and it is great. It is flat and shaded, there are not a lot of turns, and it finishes on the track at Florida State University (I love that).

We have had tons of fun but plenty of rest and relaxation.

I have eaten and hydrated well but not overly so.

I got nine (NINE) hours of sleep last night. Seriously, I don't know that I have slept that much since 1996.

My body feels awesome. Yay for a healthy body and sea level. :)

Now I just need to get these dang nerves under control....

More tomorrow!

14 comments:

Jen@runfortheboys said...

You got this, Supermom! Love, Groove Girl

AmyZ, PhD said...

GOOD LUCK! I am so excited to hear the end result :)

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

I'm not going to tell you "good luck" because you've worked really hard for this! But I hope your stomach behaves its self tomorrow and you kick ass!

thetinyterror.com said...

Good luck! You got this :).

Mark Matthews said...

Turn around and hug those finishing at 3:00:01 behind you at the finish.

Amy N. said...

Good luck! Remember to have fun!

Sherry said...

It sounds like everything is going your way so far Erin!
Several times I've read that your sleep the night before the marathon isn't that important, but the sleep before that one is - and you got nine hours - brilliant!
Best of luck, relax and enjoy!

Adrienne said...

Have a great race this morning! Nerves are not necessarily a bad thing :)

Margie said...

Good luck! I have been reading your blog for about a year, and you are an inspiration. If you can get quality runs in with 12 kids at home,surely I can manage with 2? Can't wait to hear about this race!

christa said...

You'll be amazing!

Christina Williams said...

Thinking of you today and sending lots of good vibes and wishes!!! You got this coach! :)

Kelly(M&M) said...

Been thinking of you all day! Hope it went awesome! You have definitely done your part!

coach dion said...

So I wait again to hear about your race, just yesterday I was almost watching Facebook for updates on a couple of friends who were running a marathon. You end up following someones training and then you wait to hear how they did...

Have you pulled it out the bag? I hope so, because I know you can...

Nicole said...

Cannot wait to hear how you did! I am sure it was amazing!