- My kids had a four day weekend this weekend. Josh was home on Sunday but was out of town coaching from Thursday afternoon until Saturday night, and then he had to work all day and until midnight yesterday, so I was parenting on my own for most of the long weekend. Luckily I have the best kids in the universe and we had a lot of fun. :)
- I spent an hour and eight minutes this morning registering for the Chicago Marathon on 10/13/13. (Do you know that 13 is my lucky number? Josh and I were even married on the 13th of July). Active.com failed miserably in handling the registration process for Chicago. Like I said, it took me over an hour to get through and to get registered, and so many people were having problems that now the registration process is suspended until they fix their technical problems. The "rumors" before today were that this race will likely sell out in days, possibly just hours, which of course created a panic with everyone wanting to get registered asap. With 45,000 runners in this race and the prediction that it would sell out very quickly, you would think that Active.com would have been expecting the crush when registration opened. Who else is running Chicago? Were you able to register before they shut it down this morning?
- Today is my BFF's birthday!!! Go over and wish Jennifer a happy 40th birthday!! Here she is in her office this morning. They did a great job decorating it for her. :) And how gorgeous is she??!!
- I am going in to the hospital Friday morning for a colonoscopy. Between my never ending GI issues and my Dad having had colon cancer at a young age, my doc is requiring it. I am sure everything will be completely fine, but the next couple days are not going to be any fun at all.
- It has been great to be running double digits again!! I have run 10, 12, and 10 miles the last three days and tomorrow I have a 10-miler with 6 miles uptempo. This week is just an easing back week into mileage and speed again. The break was nice, but I sure love how it feels to be getting the miles done again. I look forward to getting back up to the the 90 and 100 miles weeks again.
- SORRY to leave you waiting!! As promised, here is a closeup pic of "the very ugly medal" (as it has fondly been named by the kids) from the Tallahassee Marathon. I loved this race. Loved it! I will run it again next year for sure. Loved the course, loved the organization, loved the finish, loved it all. But this medal is ugly. Unique, but ugly. :) And the shirt (which has this same picture on it, a blue shirt with cotton candy pink side panels) is just as bad. It definitely has character though...
I think it kind of looks like an old-time Japanese horror movie... giant rodent attacking the city of Tallahassee. :)
And just for fun, here is one more race pic from Tally. These were free from a local photographer. Very cool. :)
Hope everyone is having a good week and running happy!! :)