Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sunday bullet points

- Yesterday wrapped up an awesome 90-mile running week.

- Today's 16 miles at 7:28 average pace (which was not even my long run of the week), kicked off my first 100 mile week! I got my training plan for the next month and I am excited/nervous (in a good way). Big dreams, tons of hard work, a great plan, lots of faith, huge love and support = good things coming!

- 12 kids require A LOT of Christmas shopping. (Have I mentioned that I really, really don't like shopping?) I asked Josh what he wanted for Christmas, and then quickly told him that all I had left was $0.49 and my body. Good thing he is easy to please. :)

- This year we had the kids each ask for something they want, something they need, something to wear, and something to read (or watch, like a movie). They had a lot of fun with it and it was really fun when they wrote their letters to Santa. (Yes, I make even my teenagers still write a letter). :)

- Our Christmas tree is GORGEOUS this year. And it smells as good as it looks. We are decorating tonight as a family (lights are already on it) and I will post a picture soon.

- Here is a pic from our church Christmas party the other night. I have three sheep and a wise man in here. One little shepherd was home sick.

Hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday! More soon. :)


12 comments:

Gracie said...

I really like the "Want, need, wear, read" list. If I had kids that's what I'd use!
Good luck on a stellar 100 mile week!

Amy Lauren said...

Way to go on your 100 mile week and your very speedy 16 miler :). I like the idea of want/need/wear/read for Christmas. That's definitely a good philosophy for gifts!

giraffy said...

I really love that idea for the want need wear read list!! Genius!!

Rene' said...

Loving the want, need, wear and book idea. I am going to throw that out there tomorrow. Excited to read about you week.

Mark Matthews said...

100 mile weeks, and at that pace. Impressive. I'm shooting for 100 mile months.

misszippy said...

So glad your new training approach is working well for you! Way to go.

I love this list idea. Too late for this year, but I'm on it next year!

Ana-Maria RunTriLive said...

Congrats on the 100 miler! Impressed! You seem to be striving on the high mileage:)

Mommy Run Fast said...

Impressive 16 miler! I was just barely hanging onto that pace in my half yesterday. :) Best wishes in the upcoming training and 100 mile week. You've got this!

Raina said...

Congrats on your huge mileage!! I can't even imagine a hundred mile week...it would have to be some miles running in a pool or something for me to pull it off. Impressed with your dedication!!

Love that you had the teenagers write letters, and how they each had to ask for 4 things. Also- Josh..what a lucky guy! I am sure he will be happy with his gift :)

Have a great week, Erin.

lindsay said...

you have the cast for a full nativity! but, that probably would make the other church kids feel leftout ;) great idea on the kids lists/letters.

L.A. Runner said...

You are really rocking and rolling! Just thinking about you doing all those cold weather runs makes me want to send you some cocoa! BRRRRR! Do you feel that you run better later in the day, like you did on the Friday you mentioned? Or do you do better very early, like before the kiddos are up? I have mixed feelings. I think I am more motivated if I do it straight out of bed, but sometimes I can pull of faster runs if I do it later. I'm guessing because my body is warmed up and more awake. Hahah. :) Keep up the good work!

Beth @ Miles and Trials said...

Nice mileage! And I love your Christmas idea for the kids. I would love to give that challenge to my kids to come with a want, need, wear, and read.