Monday, November 12, 2012

Love your sport

Here are some quotes I am loving this sunny (but cold!) Monday morning. :)
 
"I run to feel complete, to feel alive, to feel happy, and to feel free. I run to visit beautiful places, to overcome my fears, and to remind myself - and others - that our limits may not be where we think they are." - Chrissie Wellington

"Love yourself, for who and what you are; protect your dream and develop your talent to the fullest extent." - Joan Benoit Samuelson


"When anyone tells me I can't do anything, I'm just not listening any more."- Florence Griffith Joyner 

"The medals don't mean anything and the glory doesn't last. It's all about your happiness. The rewards are going to come, but my happiness is just loving the sport and having fun performing." - Jackie Joyner-Kersee 

"When you have the enthusiasm and the passion, you end up figuring how to excel." - Deena Kastor 

"The first thing is to love your sport. Never do it to please someone else. It has to be yours." - Peggy Fleming

"Working hard becomes a habit, a serous kind of fun. You get self-satisfaction from pushing yourself to the limit, knowing that all the effort is going to pay off." - Mary Lou Retton
  
"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow." - Helen Keller  

"Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you believe that you too can become great." - Mark Twain


My running is going really well. My body is feeling good and my soul is feeling good. I can feel my strength, energy, speed, joy, and confidence slowly filling back up. I am motivated - excited - smiling. 

What's your favorite quote?

10 comments:

Cory Reese said...

I love that quote from Chrissie. I recently finished her book and wrote down the same quote.

I also like "You're better than you think you are and you can do more than you think you can." from Ken Chlouber

AmyZ, PhD said...

I love the quote from Joan Benoit Samuelson. She is absolutely my #1 running hero :)

Cindy said...

my fave is from oprah..."running is a metaphor for life because you get out of it what you put into it"...i love it!

Bo said...

I love the Mary Lou Retten quote. I also enjoy this..

“The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls.”
― Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Teamarcia said...

I love those! Even more, I love that you're feeling good!

Nicole Orriƫns said...

I love the first quote the most! Thanks for sharing this inspiration!

Mom's Home Run

Katie said...

"Even when you have gone as far as you can, and everything hurts, and you are staring at the specter of self-doubt, you can find a bit more strength deep inside you, if you look closely enough." -Hal Higdon

"Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must move faster than the lion or it will not survive. Every morning a lion wakes up and it knows it must move faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be moving." -unkown

Adrienne said...

I can't pick a favorite out of that bunch! Good to see on a sunny day:)

Glad to hear the running is going well, it makes the rest of life easier, don't it??

Raina said...

Good to hear you are feeling good in body and soul!'These past few weeks must have been a real roller coaster.

I don't have one all time favorite quote, but reading yours, I like the one by Florence Griffith Joyner.

fancy nancy said...

I'm so glad to hear that running is going well for you!! I love that first quote!! Running can absolutely fuel the soul!!