Monday, October 8, 2012

Ragnar Swagnar!!

If you have read my blog for any period of time, you know that I am a huge fan of the Ragnar Relay Series, and that I have run Ragnar Wasatch Back for the past three years, including captaining a team of 12 women and then captaining a coed ultra team this year. I love Ragnar!
Team S.P.U.R. (Six Psycho Ultra Runners - took second in our division!)
A few weeks ago I was surprised and thrilled to get an email asking me to be a part of the Ragnar Swagnar virtual relay team!

The Ragnar Swagnar virtual relay will be a 24-day online event, starting today, October 8 and going through Oct. 31. There are 12 of us bloggers participating, and each of us will be "running" the virtual relay by having a two-day period where we post a fun and informative article related to running relays on our blog and an awesome prize to give away at the end of our 48 hours. (The team will also be running an actual relay at Ragnar So Cal in April!)

So for you,  dear readers and runners, that means if you follow along on the Ragnar Swagnar virtual relay,  every two days for the next 24 days you get to read a fun blog post and have the opportunity to win a really great prize (12 prizes total!).

Ragnar Swagnar kicked off today, so you can head on over to Janice's blog, Mom on the Run, read her post, and enter to win a cool $60 backpack. :)

My article and prize will be up on October 14-15. I am not going to tell you what the prize will be, but I will tease you with the fact that it retails for over $150!!

Have you ever run a Ragnar relay? SO MUCH FUN. :)

10 comments:

Amy Lauren said...

I've never done a relay, there are a few here but I don't think they are in the Ragnar series. The one here is called Palmetto 200. I bet it's a really great way to get to know your friends and get close to them though, riding in a van when you're not running!

Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

I've never done any sort of relay, but reading all the bloggers reports of HTC and Ragner have intrigued me... hopefully someday!

Gracie said...

I think all thee relays SOUND fun, but I would probably not actually HAVE fun! Virtual is probably the way to go for me!

jayloh@runningmovesme said...

This is a very cool idea! I'm running my first Ragnar (ultra!) in Jan and can use all the posts you guys can give me. :)

christa said...

I really want to run a relay.

Denise said...

Fun! I ran Ragnar So Cal this year. It was extremely hot and my team wasn't the most fun. I live here in So Cal and was talking a big game about how I run in the heat all the time but I very nearly was pulled from the course for dehydration during my first leg. But that experience only fueled my fire for wanting more - Ragnar Vegas is up next!

SWMom said...

We're looking at getting a Ragnar SoCal team together if I can get my miles up (post knee surgery). Look for Team Nolan in Orange!! Can't wait to read your blog!

Valorie D said...

Next year (2013) will be my very first Ragnar! I am so excited! I will be doing the Wasatch Back!

Becky at Prairie Runner said...

I have run four Ragnar Relays and LOVE them. LOVE my team! I can't wait to read your posts and find out what the prize is!!

Murph said...

I'm a Ragnar Junkie! So far I've run 2 Wasatch Backs and a Las Vegas with a 2nd Las Vegas in a few weeks. I love the idea of a Virtual Relay. Fun idea.