Friday, June 1, 2012

Work!

Happy Friday!! Today our sweet Amanda Mee Yeon (who we adopted from South Korea right before her second birthday) turns 11 years old. Amanda is tiny but mighty, and she is the one who always tells me to "beat all the boys" when I race. Let's face it - in the world of "fourth grade playground", being able to beat the boys in a race is what makes a girl big time. :)
That is Amanda in the middle (in between Ben and Maggie) on the morning of the 5k Turkey Trot that Josh and I put on. Amanda ran the whole thing!!

I ran 358 miles in the month of May! Today was my last "long run" before Utah Valley Marathon, and it was just 12 miles (two mile warm up, 8 miles at goal marathon pace, two mile cool down). My splits were 7:55, 7:41, 7:08, 7:08, 7:10, 7:04, 7:04, 7:06, 7:04, 6:56, 7:45, 8:18. My goal pace miles were a little fast, but I felt great and just went with it. And knock on wood/fingers crossed/prayers said - after two weeks of being gluten-free I have now had two very encouraging days in a row with my stomach issues. 

There are now just 8 days until Utah Valley Marathon! I am pretty excited and don't think I could feel any better. I go into this race feeling loved, supported, encouraged, blessed, peaceful, and happy emotionally. I go into this race feeling as healthy, strong, and physically fit as I have ever been. And I go into this race with the confidence of knowing that I have put in the work and then some. One more week of taper and then I am ready to race. :)


Have a great weekend! I am off to bake a chocolate chip cookie cake for Amanda. More soon, including a post on two great books I just finished and the answer to a question I was asked on what motivates/drives me. Happy Friday!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy taper! :) And happy birthday to Amanda!

Jen@runfortheboys said...

YAY for your last hard run before UV! And a HUGE yay for good tummy behavior!!! Hope Amanda has a great day and enjoys her cookie cake :) Nice job on those splits today!

misszippy said...

Happy birthday to Amanda! She's a sweetheart and I hope she has a great day. You are SO ready--can't wait to see what you do!

Teamarcia said...

Happy birthday Amanda! What a sweetie!
All the best in this last week of taper. Woot!

Yolanda said...

Fun times at your house today!

Kristin Miller said...

Good luck on the race!!! Happy birthday to your little lady!!! You have a beautiful family.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Happy, happy birthday to Amanda! Her chocolate chip cookie birthday cake sounds like something I'd like for my birthday, too.