Thursday, May 24, 2012

NINETY

I just finished a 90 mile week!!!!!!! (My training weeks right now go Friday-Thursday). I have a 20 miler tomorrow (with 8 miles at, or faster than, goal marathon pace) and then TAPER!!

Here is what my 90 mile week looked like -

Friday - progressive 20 miler (7:41 average, 1@8:34, 1@8:27, 2@8:13, 2@8:00, 2@7:42, 2@7:30, 4@7:13, 2@7:03, 2@6:58, 1@8:13, 1@ 8:20)
Saturday - easy 8 miles
Sunday - 12 miles - 8:23, 7:57, 7:27, 7:10, 7:06, 7:07, 7:13, 7:08, 7:05, 7:10, 6:59, 8:34 plus 5x100m strides
Monday - 13 miles total - 10 miles @ 7:51 average pace, plus 4x800 on track with 3 minute jog intervals
Tuesday - 14 miles at easy pace - untimed
Wednesday - 13 miles total - 10 miles @ 7:52 average pace, plus 4x800 on track with 3 minute jog intervals
Thursday - 10 miles at easy-ish pace

I didn't have any double days and I didn't split up any runs. With my schedule and life it just works best to get up and get my running done. 

Here I am after this morning's run, celebrating 90 miles run in a week.
Here is how I really felt...


and here is what happens within seconds every time I lay down on the floor...
Time to rest up for tomorrow... fingers crossed that the SNOW stops (yes, it is snowing right now) and that my legs will have enough juice left to finish my last 20 miler feeling strong.

27 comments:

Emz said...

You will!!
You've so got this.
Love the photo.
Love
Love
Love 90!!

Awesome.

Mark Matthews said...

You're running like an elite. Imagine your own personal water bottles on the table pretty soon. Well done!

christa said...

Wow 90 miles!!
Wow it's snowing!

Kristen Lawrence said...

Amazing!!! Cannot wait to see the big payoff for you :) very exciting!

Jlern1 said...

Let me just say about the snow.....UGH!! However, here this weekend it is supposed to be near 100 degrees....UGH again!! It sounds like you are doing awesome as usual! Enjoy your last 20 miler...you are almost there! You are so prepared for this race, you are going to be great! : )

Meredith said...

If I've learned anything from your legs, it's that they will not only have enough juice, the juice will probably be sloshing out in excess :) You are strong! You inspire! Congratulations on your 90 mile week!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THAT PHOTO! Aren't kids the best?

runnerwannabe said...

You are my hero!! People like you give me motivation to get my hiney out the door and do a measley 2-3 miles! And kids are wonderful! They give me a reason to get healthy, and hugs are the best!!

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

wow!!! so awesome, erin! what a tremendous accomplishment. have a great 20 miler tomorrow! i'm so excited for your race!!!! you are going to rock it. wooohooo!!!

Jen@runfortheboys said...

Love it all my friend!!! KNEW you'd finish your 90 strong and you did it!!! UVM is YOURS!!!!! It is so much fun to get to witness your transformation into the best you can be. So so so inspiring and so great. I think you let others see what we could be if we were to give 100% to every area of our life like you do. You rock!!!!

robinbb said...

You are so amazing. What an awesome feeling of accomplishment. I hope one day to be celebrating a 90 mile week. I can't believe it is snowing there! We are hot and muggy, hoping the weather cools off a little. I am afraid to weather stalk because of what happened when I did that for Boston. Enjoy your taper!

Adrienne said...

WTG!!

I could only dream to knock down a 90 mile week-you high mileage ones so impress me!

I'm with you with just getting in one workout in per day, gotta get it in while the getting's good!

Enjoy your well-deserved taper and snow. It's 92 currently in The Woodlands!

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

You are amazing and I love the "kid love" post-run!

Mallory said...

90 miles?!?! That's so awesome!! Congrats!

Nicole @nmh1970 said...

So awesome! Great work.

Annet said...

Really awesome. your race report is going to rock!

Yolanda said...

Run, Erin, run!

By the way, loved the last picture. Made my heart smile

Christy said...

You are a running queen- great job!

misszippy said...

Amazing! I'm sure you'll rock tomorrow too.

Cannot begin to believe it is snowing. I would die.

Noah is so cute coming over to you like that!

Laura @ Mommy run fast said...

Congrats on an amazing week! I would be on the floor halfway through a week like that. Well done!! Hope the 20 goes well- then taper time, yay!

Gracie said...

You really are super mom! 90 miles is amazing! If you want to get rid of that snow, please send it my way. It's going to be 91 F tomorrow in MAY. Ugh.

MCM Mama said...

Whoa! 90 miles is a lot of miles!

And snow?!? I ran in mid 70, humid and sunny weather and was just dripping sweat. I'll trade. ;o)

Kathryn Vaggalis said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(You get a lot of exclamation marks because that's a lot of awesome to celebrate.)

Shannon said...

Wow! Very impressive! Love the happy smile on your face! Enjoy your taper!

lindsay said...

Impressive! Amazing! Inspiring!! Man I'd love to run a 90 (or more) mile week.

Caroline said...

wow
wow
wow
this is crazy awesome
i'll take your snow!!!

Caroline said...

I also love the picture with your son!