Sunday, April 1, 2012

Gratitude

Happy April! I can hardly believe that March is over already.

It has been a crazy month.

I posted back at the beginning of the month that March was always a favorite month of mine, with St. Patrick's Day, the beginning of spring, and my birthday. March will not go down as my favorite month this year, but it had a lot of great in it and it ended on a very high note.

In the running department, I hit a new high for my monthly mileage with 343 miles. I have really enjoyed the high mileage and it is exciting to be able to run that many miles (and lots of quality workouts) and to be feeling so good physically.  It was also awesome that I was able to get OFF of the treadmill this month and have been getting all of my runs done outside. I have had some great long runs and some rocking track workouts and couldn't be happier running outside.

 Even this morning, when it was only 25 degrees, 20mph winds, and snowing (typical spring in the Rocky Mountains) for my easy-paced 7 mile run, I was happy to just be out there. (And I am even happier that the weather looks great for next week).

There are now only TWO WEEKS until Boston. I think I have over-used the word excited when talking about this race, but I am really, really excited.

The May edition of Runner's World is out and I have gotten a lot of wonderful feedback (thank you!) As I have said, I am not a big "center of attention" kind of girl so it has all been a little embarrassing, but the article was well-written and the pics are fun. I do wish they would have used one of the pictures they took with Josh in it (and his track team gave him a lot of heckling about that!) but that's my only complaint.

The last two weekends have been wonderful. Josh has been home (only day track meets on Fridays, no overnights or Saturday meets yet) and we've had lots of quality time together which was much needed and has been much enjoyed. The kids are all great and are home for Spring Break this week, so we are all looking forward to some down time and some fun time together. I had to disappoint them when Marcus (age 7) asked where we were going for Spring Break and then suggested Hawaii, but we will be sure to make some fun this week despite a lack of thrilling travel plans.

So bring on April, bring on Boston, bring on an exciting future.

Quote for today, -

"Joy is the simplest form of gratitude." - Karl Barth

I definitely am filled with joy and gratitude for this very blessed life I am living.

14 comments:

Emz said...

So happy for you Erin!!

Jen@runfortheboys said...

So happy for you...you deserve this!!!! So excited to see the awesome thIngs in store for you!

Annet said...

Bring on April! Glad you found a great coach, you will certainly rock Boston and it will be great showing him exactly what wonders he's signed up for!
And holy, 343 miles is 552km. AMAZING!!

Suz and Allan said...

That's wonderful that you were able to quickly find someone that you both feel will be a good fit for you as a coach. I really enjoyed your feature in Runner's World. As soon as I snatched it out of the mailbox I flipped straight to page 19!

Caroline said...

very happy for you Erin
I am waiting for my RW to show up!!

coach dion said...

So much is happening in April and we all seem to be ready to start our tapers... I'm please your coach is working out, being a coach myself I know it can be difficult to coach some-one over the internet!!! but if you are honest and listen, I think things will work out, and you will run a good race.

Momshomerun said...

Such a happy post! Sounds like you're having a really good time.

T said...

I have become a huge fan of yours! I was so excited to see your article in RW and I even decided to give Brooks a try this last week when I bought new shoes. You are awesome Erin!

Nicole Wagner Makeup said...

This is awesome Erin! never doubt you deserve it all....
he seems really nice...can you send me more info about what he charges etc? I couldn't find anything on his site!!

see you soon girl!
xxx

Nicole Wagner Makeup said...

also...can you email me your cell? I want to have it when in boston! xx

Valorie D said...

I just opened my Runner's World and there you were!!! That is so awesome to see! WTG all around!

Terzah said...

I'm glad you found the right coach! April will more than make up for the difficult March.

Susan said...

A commenter on a previous post said this: "...how do you see running affecting your passion about adoption, international development, orphans, etc. I initially came to your blog because that is what you wrote a lot about. It seems like as you get more passionate about running, that stuff isn't as important?" I also wonder about this. The Lord has given you a place (this blog w/many readers) to speak for those who cannot speak for themselves & to share your passion for orphans and adoption (James 1:27)

lindsay said...

A 3,000 bonus?!? Yikes. I need to find my RW mag and check your article out! It totally slipped my mind. (sorry) I can't wait to show off my famous running friend featured in RW! :) glad you were able to find a new coach too.