Monday, March 19, 2012

Gift

 I have said it before, and I will say it again. I write this blog because I enjoy writing, I process my thoughts and feelings best through writing, and I enjoy sharing that with others. The best things that have come to me from this blog are the people I have met, the support I receive, and true friendships that I have made.

An incredibly sweet, generous, kind, and thoughtful friend (that I have made through this blog) sent me a PRESENT! And not just any present, but THE Boston Marathon jacket!!

I am not the kind of person that puts a lot of value in "stuff", but I sure do put a ton of value into thoughtfulness, and this was an incredibly thoughtful (and SUPER COOL) gift. Super cool. My Grandma Claire always told us that you couldn't love "things", you could only love people. When I would say I loved my teddy bear, she would say, "You can really, really like that teddy bear, but you can't love it. You can only love people." I bet Grandma Claire would have let me love this jacket. :)

 I hope it's not bad luck to wear the Boston jacket before the race, but I had to try it on and wear it for a couple of "thank you" pics.



Thank you sweet Jennifer, for all of your support, encouragement, kindness, generosity, and friendship!

23 comments:

Amanda@runninghood said...

Jen is such a sweetheart!! Such a thoughtful gift!!! That jacket looks great on you Erin. Do you mind me asking what size you got and how it fits?? I don't know what size i should order.

Caroline said...

Oh you look good in it!
What a great gift and wonderful friend!

Ugly said...

As the book on Benjamin Franklin stated, 'Fart Proudly'....

Wear the Boston jacket proudly....

You have trained very well for Boston....dont let your nervous energy wear you down....

Boston is just another run, except with 25,000 others and history....

Good Luck....

Jill said...

Oh man, that is looking very spiffy on you! Wear that jacket with pride, you done well to deserve it :).

cathy said...

Looks great on you!! Wishing all the best for Boston!

Annet and Kirk said...

Fabulous! What a lovely gesture!

i Run said...

Yay for awesome friends!!! Kudos to you for all the hard work, prep and dedication in getting ready to run Boston! If that were me, I'd wear the jacket morning, noon and night to channel a new PR for Boston. Don't take it off girl!!! Boston awaits you Erin!!!

Jen@runfortheboys said...

You are quite welcome, my friend :) You already look like a champ in that jacket and Boston is yours for the taking! Hang tough.

Shannon @ Tales from an Average Runner said...

It looks good on you! Enjoy your race!

fancy nancy said...

Wear it and love it!!! You more than earned that one Erin!!! I still feel pride every time I put mine on!! What a great gesture!!

Jen Small said...

that is awesome. so happy for you :)

mark matthews said...

Very cool jacket! Yes, when you do Boston you got to get the jacket and lots of swag, and you picked a good year because that one's sharp. I am very superstitious about wearing the material before an event, and my guide is I can try it on for size (or blog pictures) only. Of course, my training is not as supernatural as yours is, so I think you can defy the running gods with your weekly mileage and speed and wear it to bed. Sorry for the lame self promo, but I just added a long rambling post, "how i finally BQ'd" post, and have another boston related one next.

Your gramma sounds great. You can love people and maybe experiences(?)

Old Runningfox. said...

What a beautiful jacket and it really suits you. Wear it with pride.
Have a great race.

Teamarcia said...

How thoughtful and wow you look perfect in it. Wear it with pride girl!

Running Girl said...

what a sweet & wonderful gift!!!

Nicole said...

What a great gift and you look stunning in it!

Terzah said...

What a great gift--and it looks so good on you, too! :^)

lindsay said...

that's awesome! those jackets aren't cheap! it fits you well :)

Molly said...

what a special gift! You're rockin' it too!

misszippy said...

Looks perfect on you! I really wasn't fond of the color at first, but you make me feel encouraged that it's not that bad!

Less than a month!

misszippy said...

Looks perfect on you! I really wasn't fond of the color at first, but you make me feel encouraged that it's not that bad!

Less than a month!

coach dion said...

I love the smile, it looks stuck on your face... maybe something to do with the jacket!!! so wear it, Just don't live in it till the day.

still time to put in the last couple of miles...

Ginger said...

It seems like there's a ton of generosity in the blogging community! I'm fairly new here but found your blog while searching for inspiration on how to juggle an active lifestyle while raising a family. Nice to see that you're making it work for you so well!