Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Fun things

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!

The mailman brought some exciting things yesterday and today -

First - Advanced copies of the May edition of Runner's World! Pages 19-20 are me. It's crazy and surreal to look at it! I have been feeling a little nervous and embarrassed about this whole thing and the attention it has brought/will bring (because center of attention is really not a place I love to be). I just hope that somehow sharing my story can help someone else - that it will inspire someone to get healthy, or inspire someone to adopt, or inspire someone else to believe in themselves and to chase after their dreams. The magazine should be showing up in mailboxes in the next week or so. Ikes!

Second - Boston Marathon papers! All kinds of fun information, bib pickup card, etc. Just a big old envelope of excitement. :)

If you can believe it, yesterday marked THREE WEEKS until the Boston Marathon. Three weeks!  When I qualified in September it seemed like it was so far away and would never get here.

I did my last 20 miler yesterday morning. I left my house alone (and holy smokes has it been dark this week) at 5:30 am and finished at an 8:10 average pace for the run. I was really happy with this because the pace felt really nice and easy the whole time and I felt good, happy, and strong the whole run (and my fastest miles were the last couple).  I ran without music or company - just me, my thoughts, and the road.

Here is the route that I did. I think it was decent Boston training since it has downhill miles and uphill miles. I felt good on the uphill miles which was a confidence booster. There is something so exciting every time about finishing that last 20 miler before taper.


Now there is less than three weeks until race day. My taper still includes a decent amount of miles and speed work, but I will be cutting back on cross training, getting extra sleep, and letting these legs get fresh and ready to run fast on April 16.

More soon!

12 comments:

Suz and Allan said...

Can't believe it's almost time for Boston! I'm really excited to get my issue of the magazine!

Amanda@runninghood said...

I was so happy to get these things in the mail yesterday. :) Where will you be staying? I'll have to e-mail you privately. I have been meaning to get back to you about Ragnar anyway. Great last run Erin. So excited for you! And I will have to go buy a Runner's World just for you. You'll have to sign it for me just for kicks! :) xo

The Green Girl said...

Wow, that's some seriously awesome mail! I can't wait to get my issue so I can brag to my friends that you're my blog friend. ::grins::

misszippy said...

Can you beat that mail call? I don't think so! Nice work on the final 20. Great route. You will have no sweat w/ Newton hills.

Can't wait to get RW!

coach dion said...

You don't like being the center of attention!!! you have like a hundred kids, and a mom is always the center of attention....

3 weeks and counting...

kris-lawrence.com said...

Best mail day.....ever! Congrats on Runners World! That is amazing. As a mom of three, the fact that you have 12 is amazing to me!! Go get Em at Boston!!

Samantha said...

I'm excited to see the magazine. Your story is inspiring - I've sent your blog to so many friends!

Michelle said...

Yeah! You got it in the mail! It's fun to look through, isn't it? I can't wait to see your RW! :) Counting the days down and feeling excited!

christa said...

Happy Birthday!! Cool stuff, I can't wait to see you in Runners World. I'll tell people I "know" this person, thru blogs :)

fancy nancy said...

It's your ticket to the big dance!!! So exciting!!! Things are ramping up around these parts getting ready for the big day! Congrats on Runner's World! You have seriously earned this all! Rejoice in the blessings God has given you!!!

Jenny said...

Just found your site after reading your story in my copy of Runner's World... on the drive home from our adoptive parent training today. Very cool to hear about your family and your love for running. Thanks for doing what you do and providing a positive experience of adoption for the world to see. Blessings to you!

Gift shop said...

Really very nice article. As well as helpful to gain knowledge about the tax accountants. Thanks to update us.