Saturday, March 17, 2012

Erin Go Bragh!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have always loved this, and it works pretty well for runners! :)

If we still lived in New York I would be eating green bagels, going to the parade in New York City, and partying it up with people who love St. Patrick's Day as much as I do.

Unfortunately, in Wyoming St. Patty's Day isn't a very big deal. But I put on a group run with my running club this morning and made everyone wear green, we will be having corned beef, potatoes, and cabbage for dinner (I love it!), I will be baking up some Irish soda bread, I have lots of Irish music playing (love me Flogging Molly and the Young Dubliners), and I have myself and all of my kids decked out in lots o' GREEN.

I hope it is a fun day for you, whether you are Irish or not. More soon!

5 comments:

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

Love it!

Penny said...

Sounds like a fun day.

Ugly said...

Is it a far drive from Poky to Afton for dinner?

Im heading to OCallihans for a fresh one....not Irish, but raised Catholic....

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Terzah said...

Catching up with your blog....I made soda bread too. Mine wasn't too bad considering I'm a terrible baker, working at altitude and had neither the right kind of flour nor the right kind of buttermilk. My daughter actually said to me, "The picture on the computer looks better than yours, Mommy." The honesty of 5-YOs--because of course she was right!

Happy St. Paddy's Day!