Friday, February 10, 2012

Quick smile

This made me laugh and smile today.

I had the book I am currently reading (Running With  Joy by Ryan Hall) sitting next to my computer on the counter.

My six year old (Solomon) came walking in to the kitchen and looked at the cover picture and said, "Hey! I know that guy! It's Ryan Hall!"

I gave him a high five and told him he was right (and super cool for knowing it!) and then asked him how he knew it was Ryan Hall. Solomon said, "because we watched him on TV running the marathon. Remember? Meb beat him, but he is still my favorite." Then after a quick pause he added, "And you. You are my favorite runner too."

How cool is that?

Yup, I am raising my kids right. :)

(here is a pic of Shorty -aka Solomon)

9 comments:

Ugly said...

Ryan Hall did run a good marathon and qualified....It was fun watching the mens and womens olymic trials in that times are coming down and the competition is getting better....should be a good olympics and hopefully the American Marathoners do well....

Jill said...

Awesome!!!! :)

misszippy said...

How it's possible that that cute little guy could get cuter is beyond me, but he just did!

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

That is pretty cute! :)

christa said...

cutie!

Elle said...

How neat is that!

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

Definitely doing a good job! What a cutie he is!

On the Right Track said...

Now that's priceless!

robinbb said...

And now, THIS, made me smile. Kids sometimes really know how to say the right thing.