Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I love holidays. I don't care if they are "commercialized" or anything else - I enjoy days that are extra special and extra fun, and give us a reason to celebrate and do nice things for people we love. And what could be better to celebrate than love? I am very, very blessed.

I like to really DO holidays for my kids, and I hope that when they are grown and they look back, they remember these things.

Every year on Valentine's Day they wake up to a table full of love and treats. Each child has their own special "pile" from me at their seat, and then there are big bowls and piles of treats for all to share. This year I had some cute "love" themed t-shirts for the girls and beanie hats for the boys and of course, cards and candy.

The kids woke up excited and it was a fun morning. I hope they all know how very much I love them.

I have had several requests already to share pics of what the table looked like, so here it is right before I went to bed last night.

big table from above :)
Two of the kids sit up at the counter, so this gets just about everything in one pic!
lots of shiny chocolate!!!

 
How cute are these???? I love Peeps (but will resist!)

And because I am corny like that, I put on my red tank for my 8-mile run this morning. I didn't think anyone would really notice but me, but the kids loved it.

Tuesdays are busy at work for Josh, but we are going to go on a lunch date with Noah this afternoon, which will be great. Then I am making pink pancakes for dinner.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope you all are as blessed as I am with people to love and people that love you, and I hope you have a special day.

I will post a training update tomorrow, but all is going really well. Today and everyday, I love running! Less than 9 weeks until Boston! :)

19 comments:

christa said...

Your table is awesome! I would love to wake up to that!

Julia said...

so cute!!! definitely looks like something the kids will remember forever :)

Jen@runfortheboys said...

Your table makes me smile! So sweet and memorable for your family. Also, KILLER arms, girl...I want some of that definition :) I think you can afford to eat a few peeps on Valentine's Day!

On the Right Track said...

your kids deserve such special days...and so do you for being such a special person in their life:)

Enjoy the day

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

Aww....how sweet!

I am with you.....holidays are a reason to celebrate. I went into work late (rode with the family since we have a For the Love of Maui race this evening) so I was able to set-up our table with a card and treat for dear hubby and a card and special stamps for darling daughter. Then I got to make her a special breakfast --- oatmeal with grapes and strawberries. It was nice being able to share my love with her.

robinbb said...

Love your table and love all that chocolate, yum! I wore my pink shirt and pink zensah sleeves on my run today in honor of Valentine's Day, love my holidays as well.

Penny said...

I love Peeps to. My sister in law would give me some every Easter. They have so many more flavors now though. Beautiful table. Love the table. Creating great memories.

Jen Small said...

you are amazing!! that is just spectacular!! and girl.
LOVE the short hair, looks so sassy!!

Nicole said...

Love all the stuff you got the kids! Just finished baking cupcakes for everyone. Can't wait till they get home and see them.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I love that red tank! Great job with the table, I bet the kids loved it!

Teamarcia said...

OMG funnest mom ever! Of course they'll have very fond memories of all of it. Love the red tank!

lindsay said...

oh i would love to wake up to that on valentine's day!!! you must have had your hands full with 12 kids on a sugar high though ;)

Nicole said...

Love it! My kids only got one candy this year because I decided to buy a lot less so I end up eating a lot less. I did not see those chocolate peeps, I MUST find them (for the girls of course...) Happy Valentine's Day!

Jill said...

PERFECT outfit for your run today :). I went for a run and it didn't even dawn on me to dress for the occasion...I want a DO OVER! Hahah.

I love holiday's too - mostly for my kids and even though they're older, I still buy them little treats and even my daughter, who doesn't live at home anymore (she's close though :)). It just makes me happy to do something small for them!

coach dion said...

OK you win.. I don't know what, but you blow my mind every time I read your blog, and yes you had to wear the red top. For chocolate like that I might just take you up on the accommodation for the trail race in your area!!!

Old Runningfox. said...

Gosh, you really go to town with things on Valentine's Day over there, your kids must have really loved it. And all those chocolates!
Nice one.

Laura said...

Aw, looks like such a fun day! I'm much more into holidays now that we have a toddler... kids make everything fun!

Teresa said...

Erin- this is something that I think you should consider. Maybe you should not post pictures of yourself in short shorts and a tight tank top for all the world to see. Consider, as a believer in God, that it may not be honoring to Him, as He desires for women to dress modestly.

London gift shop said...

all stylish images are really wonderful. Thanks For Sharing us.