Thursday, November 3, 2011

On our way

Josh and I are on our way to NY! I am typing this from my seat, 29B, on my Delta flight to JFK. Woo hoo!!!

It has been a wild couple of days getting everything ready to get out the door. I tell you... getting ready to travel cross country for a big race AND getting ready to leave 12 kids at home is a marathon of it's own. But I got the house clean, got everything as organized and prepared as I possibly could, got myself packed, and the kids are in the very capable and loving hands of their Gramma (and Auntie Shanon will be there soon too). There was a lot of training for Gramma (and I left a complete hand-written manual and how to photos) on how to take care of Noah, and I felt really good when we left. I think they are all going to do great. I miss them all already but am so excited for the next few days and to have this time with Josh. (Today is Josh's 37th birthday too!!)

Whew.

Thanks for all the good wishes, comments, and advise on my last post. I am feeling ok. I am still sniffly and the throat is a little scratchy but so far it hasn't gotten any worse and I am hoping that in the next 24-48 hours this cold will be history. I have been getting good sleep at night and eating well and staying well hydrated, so I am doing all that I can. And now that we are on our way, I will be resting as much as possible and don't have much else to worry about.

Something I haven't gotten to mention yet... I was chosen to be a Social Media Reporter for the ING NYC Marathon, so I will be blogging, Facebooking, and Tweeting a little more than usual over race weekend. I am @SeeMomRunFar on Twitter and Erin R Henderson on Facebook if you want to follow my feeds. So much fun!

Also, if you'd like to track me as a runner on race day, my bib number is 11533. Add those numbers together and you get 13, which is my favorite and super lucky number. Josh and I were married on the 13th (of July), our first apartment was 13C, and it has been a constant in our lives since then. Yay for 13!

Tomorrow we are going in to the city to the race expo and I can't wait to see all there is to see, to meet Bart Yasso, and to soak it all in. Then we are having a small get together at my parents' house that night, and on Saturday we will be back into the city for the Team MEB luncheon at the NYC Athletic Club, then checking into our hotel and having dinner and a relaxing night before race day on Sunday!

I will keep you posted. More soon! Watch out Big Apple... here we come! :)

22 comments:

MotherRunner said...

Good luck, can't wait to read your recap!

Meredith said...

Have so much fun!!!!!! Very very excited for you!!

Stephanie Anne said...

So much luck in the marathon!!

Lisa said...

I hope you're feeling better soon and have a great time while you're out here! So cool that you're a social media reporter for the marathon! I just hope they don't expect you to tweet while you're running! ;) Good luck on Sunday!

Jen said...

So excited for you! Will be cheering you on from Florida :) Hmmmm...so 13 is your lucky number...you know where our minds go...instead of SupermomE12 to SupermomE13 :) Just kidding - have a great race!!!

Terzah said...

Have a great time, Erin! I'll be following happily!

Christina said...

Enjoy yourself and have a great time! I hope that scratchy throat and what not will be gone soon... like... right NOW. :)

Sending you lots of good wishes !!!

lindsay said...

Have a great weekend! NYC is a great race - you'll love it. Happy birthday to Josh!

Rene' said...

July 13th is a great day. It is my oldest's birthday! Will be thinking of you on race day.

Zoltan said...

Good luck! Do well! Be smart!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

GOOD LUCK ERIN! SO PUMPED/PROUD/STOKED for you!!

Suz and Allan said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! Can't wait to hear all about your trip to NY, the marathon, and everything in between! Good luck!

Michelle said...

So excited for you! Have a great trip!

Caroline said...

good luck Erin!
happy birthday Josh!

Annet and Kirk said...

Ditto all the other comments - and yup, I was thinking the same as Jen above... :)
Have a great, great time!

fancy nancy said...

Have an awesome weekend together!!! So excited for you! Go out and rock that marathon!!!

Arbrasgallery said...

so much very funny blog very very cute blog. Thanks for sharing us.
Promotional gifts

Lacey Sue said...

GOOD LUCK AMAZING LADY!!!!!! Enjoy it!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Happy Birthday to Josh! Have an amazing time...can't wait to read every word.

Natalie R. said...

Yeah Erin! I wish I could be there to cheer you on...I still miss the NY days and wish we could run together there in our old hood. I'll be thinking of you on Sunday, and Happy Birthday to Josh! Fun birthday weekend. Have an amazing time, and I hope it is NOT cold and rainy.

Andrea H. said...

Woo hooo here comes Erin! You gonna kill it:) can't wait. I wrote down your bib number. Hope you have just an amazing race.

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Good luck Erin! I just saw your tweet about Bart Yasso! What a compliment! I hope you not only have a great race but a great time with your husband and your family!