Sunday, October 9, 2011

I love running

We are having an awesome weekend. Josh's mom and sister came up yesterday for the day and we had a great day with them, and we are having a wonderful family Sunday today. I love my family and am so grateful for Josh, our amazing kids, and our extended families. I am feeling very blessed!

This morning I went on a 16 mile run and wrapped up a 65 mile week. That's my highest weekly running mileage yet, and I feel SO GOOD. This morning's run was a breeze and was FUN.While I was warming up and getting my stuff together before my run I watched a few minutes of the Chicago Marathon online and it was awesome. Watching the elite runners was just super cool. I love running, and I love racing and I love the marathon. Love it!!! Watching a little of the Chicago Marathon got me even more excited for the NYC Marathon (in just four weeks!!!) I can't wait to be a part of that race. :) I peeled myself away from the computer to go on my run and was excited to get out there.

There was a thick fog outside, so much so that I could barely see much more than 10-20 feet around me in any direction for most of the run. I was super careful about cars, but luckily there isn't much traffic here on Sunday mornings. The fog was so thick that I was as wet as if it was raining lightly, and the fog kept collecting on my eyelashes. The fog was pretty cool though! The miles just zipped on by and I was surprised when I realized I was almost done.

I finished the book on tape I was listening too (Lethal by Sandra Brown) and then switched on some music on my IPOD. I don't often run with music but I really enjoyed it today. I pumped up my all-time favorite running song, "All These Things That I've Done" by The Killers (click here to listen/watch the video. It rocks!) and just RAN. It felt so good and I was even smiling as I went. It was one of those runs that I just enjoyed every single minute of and was so grateful to be out there running and so happy to be a runner. I finished the 16 miles with an average pace of 8:19 and a big smile. I came home to my amazing family and had an ice bath, hot shower and oatmeal and now am going to enjoy the rest of the day snuggled up with them and relaxing.

Hope your runs were great today! Congrats to anyone who raced (I know there were LOTS of races today!) Tell me about your running this weekend! :)





7 comments:

Cory Reese said...

Awesome mileage! You are amazing. I like listening to books on tape while I run too - keeps my brain occupied.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

I love great runs like that! Yay for 65 miles!

Terzah said...

Wow! 65 miles! For some reason, I always compare mile totals to the distance to my grandma's house from my house when I was a kid (which was 55 miles). You ran 10 miles beyond this week. :^)

I was having marathon envy this weekend too--so many good races right now and still to come.

Renee said...

You are amazing and truly an inspiration!

LBTEPA said...

this post made me SMILE!!!

Anonymous said...

That is great!! I was just looking on my runkeeper before I read your blog. The most I have ran is 50! Keep up the great work!! Can't wait to read your post on NYC! Carol

Lacey Sue said...

AWESOME mileage!!!! WAY TO GO!!! So glad you had a fabulous run!!!
I love running too!! :)