Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy Sunday!

We had an awesome, super fun day yesterday. We drove about two hours out of town and took the kids to a big straw maze. The teens down to the toddler all thought it was a great time (and Josh and I thoroughly enjoyed it too!) We had dinner at Applebee's to celebrate TWO kid birthdays this week, and then we took the kids to Twizzle Berry, my very favorite frozen yogurt place.

The kids LOVED getting their bowls (buckets?), filling up with frozen yogurt flavors (the pumpkin was REALLY good) and then loading on the toppings. Oh the toppings! There was everything from chocolate covered pretzels to cereal to candy to fruit to rice krispie treats... SO many options.  It was way fun to watch the kids make their desserts. The weighing of their creations was too fun. Two of the big boys were just over 20 ounces. That is over a POUND of dessert. When Ryan finished he said, "I am not proud of what I just did." HA! We all laughed.

They had the "Just Dance" game set up in Twizzle Berry so there was dancing with the dessert. I got a great video clip of a bunch of the kids dancing together that I will post once I get it up loaded.

This morning was a 14 mile run (which went great and after last week's 23 miler seemed really short!), and the NYC Marathon is TWO WEEKS from today. I really really can't wait.

I am off to enjoy the rest of the afternoon with my family. I will leave you with a quote that I am LOVING. :) Happy Sunday!

"Do the crazy thing.
The-hard-to-imagine-but-somehow-you-did thing.
The brings you to your knees thing.
The no-one-would-ever-do-it-that-way thing.
The safety-net-would-not-even-matter thing.
The it-could-kill-you-but-not-trying-is-another-kind-of-death thing.
The thing on your heart.
DO IT.
and let them gasp right before they call it a thing of wonder." - Ciona Rouse

10 comments:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

Sounds like a FUN day! Love the quote thanks for sharing. I am excited to see how you do in New York!

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Sounds like a fun family day! Wow, just two weeks until NY! I can't wait to see how fast you are. I still can't believe a year ago you weren't sure if you could do a marathon! Anything is possible with hard work, right?!

Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner said...

Yayy thank you for volunteering for the giveaway! I will run you by the client and get back to you :)

Mallory said...

Sounds like a great day!!

Lacey Sue said...

I simply LOVE days spent with family!! Nothing compares!!! So glad you got to spend some fabulous time with your amazing fam!!!
I love that quote...so much so I am stealing (borrowing??) and putting on my facebook!!! AWESOME!

Meaghan said...

What a fun family day! Yay!

I'm so excited for your race :)

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

Oh, I love that quote~ Thanks for sharing!!!
Your training is incredible! I am so excited for you to go to NYC and kick some more marathon bootay!

giraffy said...

Sounds like a rad day :)

Suz and Allan said...

Great quote!

What a fun family day for all of you!

Teamarcia said...

Oooh I love that quote! I'm going to let that set the tone for my week.
Happy Monday!