Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Different kind of race

I had an awesome but killer run this morning... my plan called for the evil ever-challenging Yasso Repeat workout. This workout is 10x800m repeats, with 400m rest intervals. With warm up and cool down I did a total of 10 miles and my interval times were all just about at a 6:31 pace with times of 3:14, 3:14, 3:15, 3:14, 3:13, 3:14, 3:16, 3:14, 3:12, 3:11. WHEW!

For something fun, here is a video of a totally different kind of race. Here is what the Henderson's do on a rainy weekend when Gramma and Auntie Shanon come up for a visit. (A couple of the big kids were gone). Auntie gets the credit for this idea and the video footage. :)


11 comments:

Kevin said...

Wow, that's moving. Good Yasso 800 times there.

Lacey Sue said...

Lol!!!! How funny!! I loved the video!!!

Jeannie said...

That's awesome! What fun with the kids. :)

Meaghan said...

NICE WORK on the Yasso's - thats AWESOME!!

emlizalmo said...

Those are some sweet children you have there. I love how much laughing and smiling is going on. You can tell it is a happy home. :) Your 800's rock, but then again, so do you. :) I tried a few this morning with the 1st being 3:12, but they gradually got slower until my legs felt too rubbery to even attempt a 4th. Oh well, I'll work up to it. You are amazing...so is your family.

Caroline said...

I love this video!!!! beautiful kids! this makes me want to try this trick!!!!!

Terzah said...

The video is too cute! I don't think my kids would be patient enough...I'll have to try 'em.

I can't wait to hear about your NYC goals. Great workout!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! I have to try this with my kids!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Adorableness!! Love this kiddos--oreos?

Meredith said...

Awesome! Love it!! And way to go on your run!!

Amanda@runninghood said...

So funny! What a great family. And I am so in aww of your repeats!! Wow! Girl, you are going to rock your race. This is some hard core running!