Sunday, October 16, 2011

big numbers!

This morning I ran 23 miles. That's the longest I have run at once without getting a medal at the end. :) I took it slow and felt great the whole way... no aches or pains. I love running.

This morning I also hit my 2,000th mile run this year. As of today, I have run 2,005 miles in 2011. Woo hoo!

The NYC marathon is THREE WEEKS from today! I can hardly believe it and am SO excited. And I feel very very ready for this race. More soon!

I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday and congrats to everyone racing today!! I am going to go snuggle Josh and watch a movie with my family.

14 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Amazing run!! I think you definitely deserve a medal for making it 23 miles!!!

Marisa @ The Pace of my Life said...

Awesome! 2000 miles for the year. I am impressed!!

Suz and Allan said...

23 miles is amazing and 2000 for the year is phenomenal! You're going to be great in NYC!

Kerrie T. said...

Woooooot!

Allison said...

Wow!!!! You are somethin' else! Great job!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

You continue to amaze me!!!

misszippy said...

Great Yasso's and now a 23 all in one week. You're gonna crush NYC!

Katie @ Will Race for Carbs said...

Those numbers are mind boggling to me! Great job on 23 and 2,005! Phew, I am tired just typing that ;)

fancy nancy said...

AMAZING!!!! I agree with MissZippy...you are going to KILL it in NYC!!!

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

You've inspired me to run more miles!

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

Awesome run!!! I got to get out there again!

Anonymous said...

We live near Toronto. Yesterday was the Scotiabank Waterfront Marathon. The oldest runner was 100 years old and finished the race with a time around 8:18. He started running at the age of 89. My daughter (age 25) also ran in the race. Her first marathon. I believe her time was around 5:18.
Marg

Penny said...

Awesome Erin. That is one heck of a lot of miles girl. You still have 2 1/2 months left for the year.

Andrea H. said...

That is just incredible. 23mi. I can't believe the miles you have already achieved this year. WooHoo, less than 3 more weeks. So excited for you.