Thursday, September 15, 2011

Calm and Peaceful

Once again, I am marathon ready! I have a short and easy three mile run in the morning (that I am hoping to do with Josh) and then I will be hitting the road around noon with my friend, Alana, for Logan, UT.

My Brooks running bag is packed and I am well-hydrated, adequately tapered, and as rested as a mom of 12 can get. A couple of days ago I was exploding with excitement. I am still very excited, but now I have a really calm and peaceful feeling about this weekend and this race. It's going to be good. It's going to be fun. I am going to enjoy it and smile a lot. I am going to run fast. :)

Yay for the Top of Utah Marathon!


I am bringing the lap top and have late check out at the hotel so we can go back and get showered before the drive home, so I will post a quick update as soon as I can after the race, and I will be updating on Twitter so if you don't follow me yet and want to, you can follow @seemomrunfar


The next time I post I will qualify to be a Marathon Maniac! :)

On to marathon mission 3:2x:xx

More soon!!

8 comments:

Lacey Sue said...

Hurray!!! I will be looking for you!! So glad your feeling good!!! Enjoy it, your going to do awesome!

emlizalmo said...

You've got this thing! I am so freaking excited to read all about it! :)

LBTEPA said...

Go Erin go! have fun!

Jessica (Pace of Me) said...

so happy to hear you are feeling peaceful, calm and rested. cannot wait to hear all about your experience!!!! have a wonderful weekend and a fantastic race!

Becky said...

Hahaha--I am the exact opposite of calm and peaceful! But it should be good--the weather looks fantastic!

I hope we can meet at some point while there! It would be great to see you!

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

Good luck and I love the calm and peaceful time. I am in it now and savoring it because I honestly think come Saturday I will be a nervous wreck!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

You will rock this marathon!

Jill Will Run said...

Good luck!

I would love to run the Top of Utah race. In fact, there are a lot of UT races I would like to do. Plus I have lots of family in Utah, so then maybe they'd come cheer for me on the course! ;-)