Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tired!

We survived dentist day yesterday. 12 kids and only one cavity. Woo hoo!

And my wonderful Benjamin Bekalu is 11 years old today! We adopted Ben from Ethiopia when he was 5 1/2 years old and he is just the greatest kid. I can't believe he is 11!

Here is a pic of Ben running at the slip n slide party we had this weekend. I promise we do feed him. He actually eats more than most of the other kids! He runs like a natural but soccer is his true love. :)
Here he is with his other true love... chocolate. This is from last year's birthday and his Auntie did it, not me. He paced himself well and made it last!


I am TIRED. Between Josh being gone for the weekend, company coming on Saturday, a super busy day organizing and cleaning on Sunday (plus a 16 mile run), a very late night on Sunday,  an extra early morning run on Monday, dentist day, and then an 8 mile track workout this morning... I am beat! I have a bit of a sore throat too (and Noah has a cold so I am blaming him). I am going to start taking it easy, getting lots of rest and tapering more since race day is now just 11 days away!!

Tomorrow I will draw the next winner in my big fundraising giveaway. You can't win if you haven't entered, so please check out this post and consider a donation and the chance to win lots of great stuff.

All you have to do to enter is make a donation, but there are lots of ways in the post above to earn bonus entries.


PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO MY TEAM MEB FUNDRAISING!

9 comments:

Penny said...

Happy Birthday to BEN. That is awesome that you only had one cavity out of 12 people. I hope your not coming down with a cold. Try to get some needed rest.

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

Rest and get some vitamin C! Good job with only 1 cavity!

Terzah said...

Glad you made it through the dentist marathon. Feel better, meanwhile. Tapering is a time to choose rest when possible. And happy b-day to your agile little boy. Anyone who loves chocolate that much.....

Cory Reese said...

That picture with Dean is beyond awesome. I would try to change my drivers license photo to that.

I am amazed that you fit running into everything else you do!

MCM Mama said...

Yay for only one cavity! That's quite impressive.

Happy birthday to Ben!

Julie said...

That slip n slide picture is fantastic! WHAT FUN!

cql said...

yum candy bars....yay for only 1 cavity

misszippy said...

Ben scored with all that chocolate! Tell him happy birthday.

DO rest now...your work is done for the marathon. All you can do now is make sure you don't get sick and that you rest up those legs.

Laura said...

Happy bday to Ben.
12 kids...at the dentist....at once? You are amazing. I have a hard time just getting myself there.