Thursday, August 11, 2011

On the road again...

We are on the road again today to head to Utah for appointments at the children's hospital and then to pick up my oldest son and his best friend from the airport tonight (they have been having an awesome week in NY getting spoiled rotten). :)

I am NOT looking forward to another long day in the car or another day of tests and appointments for Noah, but at least after today we will be DONE for two months.

I got up super early and was out the door by 5:30am today to get my 10 miler in. I did five miles to warm up, four miles at tempo pace (7:16, 7:17, 7:24, 7:13) and then one mile to cool down. My achilles felt pretty dang good and I was really happy with this run. :)

Ok, off to get kids into the van. I will have more answers to your questions tomorrow

Oh, and if you get the New York Road Runner's newsletter, check out the featured runner for the ING NYC Marathon in the edition of the newsletter that comes out tomorrow. You will probably recognize her. :)

5 comments:

Terzah said...

I hope the day goes as smoothly as possible for you and Noah. If you get a break, your questions for Adam and Tim are answered over on my blog. Thinking about you guys (and I'll see if I can get ahold of a copy of that NYRR newsletter--back in the day, I was a member).

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

great job getting in the miles!! you are a definite inspiration

Molly said...

good luck with all the appointments!!! Nice job getting that run in!

Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner said...

I just got that email! But haven't checked yet...I will check it out!! Hope everything goes okay with your son...

Awesome run!

Caroline said...

hope all goes well for Noah...and you have a safe drive !

Great 10 miles... I am so impressed with your pace! 10 miles is my long run this week!