Saturday, August 20, 2011

Exciting stuff!

Happy Saturday!

Josh left at 5 o'clock this morning to head to Colorado to run with Dean Karnazes in the Transrockies Run thanks to Gore-tex! We are both still amazed he is really going and I hope that this weekend is full of fun, adventure, excitement and awesomeness for Josh.

Also in the REALLY EXCITING NEWS DEPARTMENT, I was interviewed by Runner's World Magazine yesterday!!! Apparently after tweeting back and forth about my awesome Yasso 800's, Bart Yasso checked out my blog and then sent my info to one of his columnists for consideration. She emailed me right away and then called for the interview yesterday!! Things still need approval by editors, but there is a good chance I will be in the "What it Takes" column of the January issue of Runner's World. It sounds like the angle will be that I am a mom of 12 running the Goofy Challenge at Disney (half marathon on Saturday, full marathon on Sunday).

I am a big fan of Bart's (just finished his book My Life on the Run and loved it!) and I read every issue of Runner's World cover to cover. I was interviewed by Runner's World Magazine! How crazy cool is THAT?

I am taking a rest day today, which means I will be fighting the urge to be cranky. All day. WHY IS IT that I can get up at 4:30am, run 8, 10 or 20 miles, and come home and feel great for the rest of the day and have tons of energy, BUT, if I sleep in until 7am and don't run, I have a slight headache and feel cranky and tired all day??? This happens every single rest day I take. Bleck. But I am tapering and trying to treat my body right, so I am taking the rest day. Tomorrow is 16 miles. Yay!

And one last exciting thing - two weeks from right now I will be in the middle of the Pocatello Marathon! Hopefully burning it up at a 7:50 pace and feeling strong. Can't wait!

Have a great weekend everybody! I will share updates on Josh's experience with Dean and the Transrockies run here and on Twitter (if you want to follow me on Twitter there is a little button on the right hand side of this blog page you can click, or you can look me up on Twitter... I am @seemomrunfar).


PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO MY TEAM MEB FUNDRAISING!


19 comments:

giraffy said...

How exciting for you and your family!!! You're famous! :D

Becka said...

How exciting! Good luck with Goofy challenge, I hope to do it some year.

Terzah said...

I'm the same way on rest days (though I LOVE sleeping in until 7 a.m.--ahhhh). I don't love the headache and irritability though. I find that if I do some sun salutations first thing it helps a lot--my non-medical guess is that it just gets some blood going to the head. It's not as good as running, but it helps, and it's some stretching too.

I hope that works, but if not, hey, you're an addict! Withdrawal is part of the deal. :^)

Terzah said...

Oh, and good luck to Josh! What part of CO is he in? I guess I could go look at Dean's progress....

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal said...

1. It takes courage to rest. I promise you that you are not alone in how you feel :)
2. I am super proud of you. I can't think of a more deserving what it takes.
3. So fun for hubby! I truly believe that what you put into life is what you get. When you give freely of you love it is always returned in some way :)

You are blessed!! Happy Saturday my friend.

Julie said...

What great news!!! So happy for you!

Kerrie T. said...

Wow! LOTS of exciting stuff! Now you can inspire even more people!!!!

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

How awesome! Can't wait to hear about Josh's run with Dean. (I get to meet Dean next month)

And I really would love to read about you in Runner's World!!!

Have a great day and thanks for the advice you sent my way!

Caroline said...

Fantastic!!!!!!
Everyone should know your story!
this is so great!
I am happy for you!
Cannot wait to see it in the magazine!!!!

Rest days are my enemy. I feel the WORST always.

in 2 weeks I will be running my 3rd half! at Disneyland!!!!

misszippy said...

Seriously--look at the week you have had! A call from Meb, an interview with RW, and the run w/ Dean! Things are rocking and rolling in your household! Very cool

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Pretty sure they couldn't have picked a better person to interview!!!

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

I think you need to go play the lotto too! What a wonderful week you are having!

LBTEPA said...

*SQUEALS AND GIRLY HANDFLAPS!!* WOW!!! I am so getting your autograph at Goofy :)

Christy said...

So excited for you! Can't wait to see you in RW.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Ha! The same thing happens to me on rest days. :)

I LOVE Runner's World and can't wait to read the interview...so amazing!

Marisa @ The Pace of my Life said...

you have had some exciting running things happen to you lately!!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I SOOOO want to run the Goofy challenge! Stupid work doesn't allow vacation time anywhere between January and March.

That is AWESOME that you got picked up by Bart himself. Might have to go tweet about some stuff right now just to see what happens. =P

The Green Girl said...

Oh my gosh! Double awesomeness! Wow, I am thrilled for both of you!

Cory Reese said...

You. Rule! This is so awesome. You definitely deserve it for rocking 10 Yassos.