Yesterday was a loooooooooooooooooooong day.
- 7 hours of driving in one day is a lot. I am sick of being in the van.
- I can run 26 miles plus and feel awesome, but one day at the children's hospital leaves me physically and emotionally exhausted.
- Noah (2) now has a new GJ tube (tube that allows his food to go right into his intestines) that does not leak. Awesome.
- Amanda (10) does indeed have very twisted femurs, but her tibias are straight, she is not in any pain, and her crooked legs don't slow her down, so surgery was not recommended. Woo hoo!! (Surgery would involve cutting the bones, steel rods, etc. etc. so we are SUPER happy it is not needed).
- The most valuable person in the world is a pediatric nurse that can get an IV into a crying, thrashing baby (that has terrible veins) on the first poke.
- Noah's neurologist, who once thought he would never progress at all (like not even be able to hold up his own head) was SUPER DANG IMPRESSED that the kid is crawling all over the place, pulling up to stand and on the verge of walking. (And has been seizure free for 18 months!) He is my miracle baby and I am grateful every day to be his mommy.
- Josh took the "don't have to be at the hospital kids" to see Cars 2 in 3D and to a playground and lunch. They had lots of fun. Then we all went and played some together, had dinner at Ruby Tuesday's and ice cream at Coldstone.
- We have three more long days at the children's hospital (tests and appointments) in the next few weeks. Bleck.
- We left at 6am yesterday and got home at midnight. Told you it was a long day!
- I got up and ran this morning anyway. It was much needed.
- Some easy miles and time to chat with my best friend does way more good than another hour or two of sleep could ever do.
- Race tomorrow! I really, really want to race well. Think some fast thoughts for me. :)
We are off to the packet pick up in a little bit and then an early bedtime. With an 8am start and a local race, I get to sleep later than I usually do to run. :) I will post tomorrow with lots of pics and to let you know how the race went.
Happy Friday everybody!