Friday, July 15, 2011

Favorites

I can hardly believe it... I have now been the recipient of TWO prestigious awards in one week (please, please tell me there are other Christmas Story fans out there??) First I won my age group in the Star Valley Half Marathon last week and got my very first trophy, and then the awesome Molly gave me the Amazing Blogger Award!
Molly is also running the NYC Marathon in November and we are going to have a blast! I am excited to meet her. :)

Ok, so as a recipient of the prestigious Amazing Blogger Award, I have to answer some silly questions about myself.  They are all "favorites", which is not good for me. I warn you in advance, I have been known to have a lot of favorites. Any hoodie I am wearing is my favorite hoodie. I have more favorite books than I can count. When I am watching movies I am known to proclaim that it is my favorite movie (even though I have said it about lots of other movies). And I often declare that a meal I am enjoying is my favorite food, even when at the meal before I bestowed the very same honor on something else.

I'll do my best here...

My favorite cartoon character- Hmmmmmm. I love cartoons. I love all things Disney. I am a child at heart. This is a hard one!!

For as long as I can remember I have loved Pooh Bear
Woody Woodpecker has always made me laugh (love to show my kids the old episodes on Youtube... Over the falls in a barrel anyone??)
I think Pepe Le Pew is very awesome (even though I am super afraid of skunks when I run and we seem them and SMELL them all the time!)
One of my very all time favorite cartoons is One Froggy Evening with Michigan J Frog (here... my gift to you... go watch it now on Youtube. You won't be sorry. Go. This post will still be here when you are done. You will thank me later.)
I have said for many years that my very favorite cartoon character is Jiminy Cricket. Is he not the coolest?  "When You Wish Upon a Star" always makes me cry too. I am a sap.
But, right now I am slightly obsessed and extra in love with Goofy because I am so stinking excited about going to Disney and running the Goofy Challenge in January 2012!!! (39.3 miles to race in two days. Yeah baby!) And lets face it... Goofy has such a great attitude and is so much fun. Seriously, if you can watch Goofy's "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater" and not laugh, you have no soul. (Go, watch. You will smile and be in a better mood).

My favorite thing to photograph - Kids! Good thing I have 12 of them. :)
Here is our Christmas card pic from last year... I took it myself!
My favorite thing to cook - Trick question! I don't like to cook!! I guess if I HAVE to pick something I will say baked goods... cookies, cakes, brownies, etc. I am good at baking and I am popular at home when I bake treats. But if I never cooked again, I would not miss it. 

My favorite way to exercise - Another trick question! Running. I love it. I am (maybe just a little) obsessed with it. In a good way. I do also enjoy hiking, swimming, jumping on the trampoline and playing with the kids, but running is for sure the favorite. 

Here is a sneak peak of the race pics from last week's half. This is coming into the finish line. :)


My favorite movie - Oh man. Another hard one. I love movies. A lot. And there are so many kinds... 

Pixar movies are some of my very favorites... I love them all....
Toy Story is a favorite, and always will be. My Solomon got a wish from Make A Wish and wished to meet Buzz Lightyear. It was incredible. I heart Buzz.
But I also really, really, really love UP...
and my little girls said I have to tell you that my favorite princess is Belle, and my favorite princess movie is Beauty and the Beast (it is).
The first movie I ever had on VHS tape when I was younger (and watched way too many times to even count) is Can't Buy Me Love (I loved McDreamy before he was McDreamy!)

Now if I have to act my age...

Probably my all time favorite movie is the Princess Bride
I also love (in random order) Love Actually (watch it every Christmas and throughout the year too, )My Blue Heaven, Three Men and a Baby, Sandlot, , all of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, When Harry met Sally, You've Got Mail, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken,  all the Indiana Jones movies, It's a Wonderful Life, Adventures in Babysitting, Roxeanne, Anna and the King, Steel Magnolias, Groundhog Day, A League of Their Own, Raising Arizona, Serendipity, Terms of Endearment, all the Shrek movies, pretty much anything Disney...oh forget it. This is way too hard.

My favorite article of clothing - Hoodies! I am a hoodie-a-holic.
With my Dad in a hoodie - 
With my best friend in a hoodie - 

On my way to a race in a hoodie -

Hoodies rock.

My favorite flower - I am not a big "inside"flower girl, but sunflowers are my favorite.  I don't think that it doesn't get much prettier than this
or this...
Sunflowers are just beautiful, and I love the wildflowers on the mountains. They grow in all shapes and colors, without any gardening, just how God planted them. Perfection!

My favorite Breakfast - Oatmeal!!! I love it. Josh says it is barely oatmeal by the time I am done with it. I add in blueberries, strawberries, almonds, banana and a couple of dark chocolate chips. SO yummy.

I am supposed to tag people now but I have no idea who has been tagged and who hasn't, so if you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. Leave a comment if you do. :) Thanks Molly! This was fun. More soon!

11 comments:

Annette@(running)In the Right Direction said...

Wow that oatmeal looks delicious! Especially with the chocolate added. Congrats on your award and your medal! That is a goal I will hopefully one day get!!

BTW...the xmas card is really good. I can't believe everyone was looking!

Lesley @ racingitoff.com said...

Oh. My. I need that Christmas card... all those faces make me smile... BIG. Love it.

And I absolutely LOVED Can't Buy Me Love. I've seen it over 100 times, seriously. I heart young McDreamy!

Kerrie T. said...

That Christmas card is way cute. Love it!

Some of your favorite movies are my favorites. My all-time favorite is You've Got Mail. There's something so soothing about the way that movie flows. And the scenes are so...pretty. Every shot is like a little dessert. But I don't need to watch it anymore. I can just listen to it and see it in my head. Scary, I know. LOL

{lifeasa}RunningMom said...

What a great idea and thanks for sharing your favorites. Gotta say, Winnie the Pooh is pretty cool but then it was my daughter's first movie at a movie theater last night.

I think you just turned me back onto my morning oatmeal. A few dark chocolate chips to all the rest! Oh yeah!

Chris K said...

Love the race pic. I like the guy who is saying, "check her out". So pretty in the background too.

I love oatmeal for breakfast, but also put in some p.b. in mine.

I've never seen UP.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Love getting to know you better Erin! I would say Disney is a theme with you? ;)

Great looking race pic!!!

Caroline said...

that picture is fantastic!
I love it!!!
you should frame that!

that oatmeal looks delicious!!!

Pixar: I am a fan..big fan.
I cried like a baby at Toys Story 3

Caroline said...

I consider myself tagged by you!
I will do this next week!!

LBTEPA said...

wow we could be movie twins! I love the Princess Bride!! (and hoodies!)

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal said...

Again - we are twins! Beauty and the Beast and Princess Bride are two of my all time favorite movies, I love hoodies, and I have been in love with sunflowers since I was little :)

Molly said...

I LOVE your Christmas Card!!!

Can't Buy me love is one of my favorites too!

Hoodies rock : )