Saturday, June 4, 2011

Hoodie Winners!

Happy Saturday everybody. I started off the day with a really great tempo run.
Here are my splits-
Mile 1 - 7:49 (downhill)
Mile 2 - 7:30 (uphill)
Mile 3 - 7:22 (half uphill half downhill)
Mile 4 - 7:15 - (downhill)
Mile 5 - 7:09 (BIG uphill)

The sun was shining but the temps were still cool and it was just a fun, fast run.

Ok, now for some winners! Christian over at The Relay Runner graciously donated TWO of his awesome RUN hoodies to See Mom Run Far readers. There were 91 entries all together (with Terzah having the most... 26!!!)

I used Random.org to pick two winners and Random.org chose

Girl's hoodie - # 16 - Jennifer at Run For Anna

Guy's hoodie - #70 - Tye Larson!

Thank you SO much to everyone who has donated so far. And thanks to Christian at the Relay Runner! If you haven't gotten a chance to check out his website, it is really fun and he has some great shirts available.

If you haven't yet, please consider donating to me and Team MEB in the ING NYC Marathon. Any donations already made or made from today on will go towards extra entries in upcoming giveaways (more are coming!), so you don't need to wait for another giveaway to donate. :)

 Many kids don't have the opportunity to be involved in sports, or even to get outside regularly to play and be active. You can help me give kids and their families access to programs that provide opportunities for improving health, education,  and fitness, by helping me raise my minimum goal of $3000 for Team MEB.

I have had a LOT of people tell me that my story inspires them. Whether you are here on my blog because you were inspired by a running mom of 12 or by my weight loss story or my love of running... or because you enjoy my writing....or because you are a friend or mine....or because you are a family member and have to (at least pretend to) like me,  I am asking you please to donate to my cause through Crowdrise here.

Please help me reach my goal of raising $3000 for Team MEB by making a donation of any amount. If you want to sponsor me per mile you can consider donating $13.10, $26.20, $52.40, etc. ANY amount, big or small will be greatly appreciated and go to an awesome foundation and a really great cause. I know that money is tight for just about everyone right now (trust me, I know!) and that lots of people are fundraising for great causes, but even $10 will help me reach my goal and will be so appreciated. I would be super grateful if you helped spread the word too.  Help me make every one of those 26.2 miles in NY count that much more. :)

There are MANY charities out there I could have chosen to run with through the NYC Marathon (most of which are bigger and have lots more support), and my plan was just to wait and try my luck again in the lottery next year and not run for a charity. But once I heard about Team MEB, I knew that this was a team I wanted to be a part of, because of who Meb is, what he stands for, and what his cause is raising money for.

Running the ING NYC Marathon is a dream come true for me. Please support me and Team MEB, and please help us help kids know the joys of a life well-balanced with health, education and fitness. 

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE

2 comments:

Molly said...

Congrats to the winners!

Jennifer Cotter said...

Woo-hoo! I sent you an email. Let me know if you get it. I'm super excited...that hoodie looks awesome! And, great run!!