Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Gone Running! :)

Ok, I caved. I joined Twitter. I have to say I really like it! If you want to follow me (and find me so I can follow you) I am @SeeMomRunFar.  :)

Yesterday was "track Tuesday" and my work out called for 4x1200 and 4x400. I did a half mile warm up, then the intervals with a one-lap rest interval in between, and then a half mile cool down (6.75 miles total).

Here are the splits
1st 1200 -  5:12 (6:59 pace)
2nd 1200 - 5:12 (6:59 pace)
3rd 1200 - 5:12 (6:59 pace) - Don't ask me how I was that consistent... don't think I could do it again if I tried!
4th 1200 - 5:02 (6:46 pace)

1st 400 - 1:33 (6:18 pace)
2nd 400 - 1:32 (6:13 pace)
3rd 400 - 1:31 (6:10 pace)
4th 400 - 1:28 (5:58 pace)

These are all slightly faster than my training plan calls for, but I am not trying to be. I am running them on feel and checking the "pace" on my Garmin once or twice per lap. I am not good yet at having a feel for what a certain interval time feels like.

But I guess if I am finishing strong and not slowing up during the work out I am doing ok, right? I am new at all of this!

The track workouts are tough, but I am really liking them. These last couple of weeks are the first time in my life I have ever run on a track (I never ran in school) and something about it makes me feel like a "real" runner (silly I know!)

Today was an easy six mile run. Well, it would have been easy if my stomach wasn't acting up. Good grief I had to make TWO emergency pit stops. Thank goodness that summertime = construction = portapotties. I really get so frustrated with my stomach issues.

Tomorrow I have a 10 mile run with four of the miles at my tempo pace of 7:36 ish.

And I have a half marathon coming up on July 9. I am not really "training" for it specifically since I just started my marathon training for Top of Utah, although I definitely want to race it. I have no idea what to expect though. I have only done one half and finished in 2:04, but that was over a year ago (and three marathons ago) and I have a lot more endurance and am a lot faster now. I guess I am shooting for a sub 1:50, but we shall see how it goes. Either way it should be super fun because it is a local race and there will be tons of people we know participating.

One of my good friends sent me this picture this morning and it made me laugh. Love it! Enjoy!!! :)

11 comments:

JC said...

YES! I love that picture :)

Marisa @ The Pace of my Life said...

love the nike ad! so true!!

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Great workout! I share your frustration with stomach issues. I've tried everything to minimize them, but can't seem to find just the right cure. If you figure it out, let me know. :)

emz said...

WOMAN
AMAZING
splits!! Love it.

Look at the mileage at the side! HOLY JUNE!!

Kittee said...

Awesome Splits... Great workout!

fancy nancy said...

I love that pic! Ok so without a doubt you'll get under 2 hours for your half....you are such a speedy chick right now! Those are some rockin splits!! Way to work! I feel your pain with stomach issues. I was diagnosed with IBS a few years ago but other than just sucking it up I haven't found too many things to make it better!

You kicked it in June! Wow!!

Jessica (The Pace of Me) said...

wow wow wow! great track workout - you kicked it! i know what you mean about the track and i can totally relate. i actually just wrote about that last night before doing my track workout early this morning. something about it just makes me feel like a real runner! oh and i hear you on the tummy issues...i wish i could get mine figured out, too.

Run with Jess said...

Jimminy Crickets - your paces are amazing!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

wow those paces rock! you are right on track with a great training plan, way to go!

Penny said...

What a great pace. You are rocking that track. I have not yet tried running on a track. I know I need to try intervals. I think the track intimdates me.

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal said...

Okay holy smokes - I have NO idea how you are doing these so fast! {and being consistent - which means you can totally handle them} - hmmmm....you may need to race again soon - you are crazy fit right now!!