Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesday thoughts

So it turns out by the official results from the 5k that I took third overall. Shane was first, a guy was second and then me. The guy was in my age group so I took third overall and second in my age group (they did not split up guys and girls in the results. Stupid!). I was first female overall and first female in my age group. I am still pretty excited about it. :) We still haven't heard about prizes, but Shane made everyone laugh at the finish area when he said, "I sure hope it is a new car!" (For a $5 entry fee, I am guessing not!)

Jenny and I did 14 miles on Sunday morning that was really nice. Then yesterday we did an easy five miles, and this morning I went out and did an eight mile run and averaged an 8:16 pace. I felt pretty good about that. Ragnar Wasatch Back is one month from today!! Woo hoo! I can't stinking wait.  If you want to see what I'll be running you can go to this link. I am runner #6 and will be running legs 6, 18 and 30. (If you click on the leg numbers on the Ragnar page you can see the leg details). Team See Moms Run is going to have a BLAST.

Things are super busy here at home. Josh was gone for a few days at the end of last week for Regional Track, and then he is gone from Wednesday  night until Saturday night this week for State track. On top of that the kids have countless plays, programs, projects, field trips, concerts, etc. etc. etc. since the end of the school year is just around the corner.  But, after Sunday track is DONE and I am definitely excited about that. After back to back seasons of indoor and spring track, I am ready to have my husband around a whole lot more. :)

Anybody else excited for the Biggest Loser tonight? I am not a big TV watcher but I started watching this while I was losing my 70lbs and I have really enjoyed it. Who do you think is going to win?

Happy Tuesday everybody! :)

8 comments:

C. Crosby said...

I will also be watching tonight. I really want Irene to win. She is a very cool girl. Really I would be happy if either of the sisters win as well.

Penny said...

I to think Irene. She is on determined cookie. Their is just something about here that I like.

Renee said...

I love the BL too. Only TV show I watch.

Thank you so much for blogging about your running. You truly do inspire me and encourage me.

Great times for both you and your son. Y'all are just so fast it's awesome!

Oh, and also thank you for the post you did on running for your body. I too feel so much better if I run 6 days a week. Everything I read contradicts that, but it's good for me.

Teamarcia said...

Sadly I've fallen away from watching TBL...it is amazing how darn good the contestants look at the end though...very inspiring.

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Is today the marathon day or did I miss that? The only season I watched intently was season 9 i think with the winner Michael from our area. I do watch the marathon episode so if this is it I'll be glued. lol

misszippy said...

Great miles! Ragnar should be so much fun. I'm doing one in September and can't wait for the experience!!

Heather Elliott @ the desire to run said...

Wow you mileage is amazing. Still baffled that you can accomplish so much and still raise 12 kids!

Super excited for BL tonight. Have watched it religiously for a few years now. I am rooting for either of purple team. Love those girls!

The Green Girl said...

Who doesn't split men and women?

Congratulations!