Friday, May 13, 2011

Perspective

This has been one of those weeks where the universe seems to be trying it's best to tell me that I am not good enough. It has been one emotional stress after another. There hasn't been any one big thing that is too terrible or hard, but all of them together have made for a rough week. I am glad it is Friday!

But I am ok. I am resilient and I have too much good in my life to get sucked down into the muck for long.

Things I am grateful for -

My husband - I don't know where I would be without him. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have more love, joy, security, peace, laughter, passion, support, fun, and LIFE in my life than I ever could have hoped for. There is nothing better than being married to your true love.

My kids - Yes, having 12 kids can be stressful, but boy is there a ton of love, fun, joy and blessings. And I may be a bit biased, but my kids rock. They really are the most awesome kids ever.

My parents - Take it from someone who has not always had two loving parents in her life... having a dad and a mom that love you unconditionally, care about your feelings, support you fully, think you are great, and are always there for you no matter what, is a blessing not to be taken for granted.

My best friend - I have never been one to have a lot of friends. There are a lot of great ladies that I consider my friends here where I live and I have a few incredible friends that I love with all my heart that live far away, but they aren't a big part of my day to day life. Jenny is always there for me, she knows me better than just about anyone, I can tell her anything, and she always knows just what to say or what not to say. Having a friend like that is such a blessing.

Family - Relationships are what make life worth living. Brothers, sisters, parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins - I am so grateful for all of the people that love and support my family in so many ways.

My Faith - I would not have the life that I do or be able to do all that I do without the love of my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. My faith has allowed me to take big steps in life without fear, because I had faith that  I was making the right choices (even when they were scary). And my faith is there when things are tough, because I know that everything will be ok, no matter what.  There is nothing like some eternal perspective when little things bring you down.

Running - Running has truly become a part of who I am, and I am so grateful for it. I am so much stronger physically and emotionally than I was before I became a runner. I have an inner confidence that was never there before. I have something that I LOVE to do that I look forward to doing for myself every day. I love the experiences I have gotten to have with racing (and look so forward to what is in the future) and I have connected with many incredible people through the online running community. And I love how on weeks like this... when life is on the rougher side... that running clears my head, eases my stress, refuels my emotional tank and leaves me feeling peaceful, content, strong and ready to deal with whatever life throws at me.

Happy Friday everybody! I am going to run a 5K tomorrow and two of my boys (11 and 13) are running it as well. The weather is BEAUTIFUL (finally!!!) and I am looking forward to it. Wish my some speedy good luck. :)

1 comment:

Terzah said...

I'm so sorry you're having one of "those" weeks. Maybe it's because it's a Friday the 13th week :^). But those are some good blessings you're counting. How exciting to run a 5K with your kids. I hope my kids will do that with me someday. Enjoy! And then next week will be better.