Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Help Please

I can say with 100% honesty that becoming active and getting in shape literally changed my life. I am healthier physically and I am also healthier emotionally. I feel SO good in so many ways. Running has given me a confidence that spreads to everything I do. I wish I had started this life style a long, long time ago.

Now I have the opportunity to help kids and their families in the US and in Africa make the same change, and have opportunities to include fitness and athletics in their daily lives.

I am SO honored to be running the ING NYC Marathon for Meb Keflezighi's Team MEB!! You know Meb right? He is the winner of the ING NYC Marathon in 2009 (first American winner since 1982!), Olympic Silver Medalist for the U.S.,  and a man with many, many other impressive achievements and successes in running, and an incredibly inspiring life story.

The MEB Foundation, helps ensure youth and their families engage in healthy, active lifestyles and is a leader and collaborator in health, education and fitness. The focus of Meb's foundation stems from his belief in the importance of 'Maintaining Excellent Balance.' I am always saying on here how important balance is in my life.

 Many kids don't have the opportunity to be involved in sports, or even to get outside regularly to play and be active. You can help me give kids and their families access to programs that provide opportunities for improving health, education,  and fitness, by helping me raise my minimum goal of $3000 for Team MEB.

I am not good at asking for help, but...

I have had a LOT of people tell me that my story inspires them. Whether you are here on my blog because you were inspired by a running mom of 12 or by my weight loss story or my love of running... or because you enjoy my writing....or because you are a friend or mine....or because you are a family member and have to (at least pretend to) like me,  I am asking you please to donate to my cause through Crowdrise here.

Please help me reach my goal of raising $3000 for Team MEB by making a donation of any amount. If you want to sponsor me per mile you can consider donating $13.10, $26.20, $52.40, etc. ANY amount, big or small will be greatly appreciated and go to an awesome foundation and a really great cause. I know that money is tight for just about everyone right now (trust me, I know!) and that lots of people are fundraising for great causes, but even $10 will help me reach my goal and will be so appreciated. I would be super grateful if you helped spread the word too.  Help me make every one of those 26.2 miles in NY count that much more. :)

There are MANY charities out there I could have chosen to run with through the NYC Marathon (most of which are bigger and have lots more support), and my plan was just to wait and try my luck again in the lottery next year and not run for a charity. But once I heard about Team MEB, I knew that this was a team I wanted to be a part of, because of who Meb is, what he stands for, and what his cause is raising money for.

Running the ING NYC Marathon is a dream come true for me. Please support me and Team MEB, and please help us help kids know the joys of a life well-balanced with health, education and fitness. 

PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE

4 comments:

fancy nancy said...

What an honor to be part of this group!! I will visit back soon to make a donation!!!

Jennifer Cotter said...

Hi! Just came across your blog. Your story is amazing! I love that you are mom to 12 kids. :)I grew up in a large family and wouldn't have it any other way. I, too, am trying to raise money by running a marathon. If you come across any good ideas for doing this, let me know. Oh....and I am definitely going to donate soon!

LBTEPA said...

Hi, I have donated to your charity because thisnk you (and your blog) are wonderful. I 100% agree with your aims and also have huge admiration for Meb and what he is doing with his life. I also pledge to send a donation to an equivalent charity (kids' health) here in Australia. Cheers and happy running :)

LBTEPA said...

that should say "because I think" you and your blog are wonderful, doh!