Sunday, May 22, 2011

awesome 18

Jenny and I ran an awesome 18 mile run this morning. The temps outside were just right, my stomach was really good, my legs felt strong the whole way, and as always, the company and conversation were perfect.

Jenny picked a really great route too, that had us running more than half of the 18 miles out and back on a dirt road. There was nothing but fields, cows, horses and views of the beautiful mountains all around, and it was nice to run on dirt for a change. I love running on Sunday mornings too... the world is just quiet and peaceful in a way it isn't any other day of the week.

I came home and stretched and then had some chocolate milk, an ice bath, a hot shower and my oatmeal, and life is good.

I am off to enjoy a Sunday with my family! We are going to church and then barbecuing with friends. Hope you all are having a happy Sunday. :)

7 comments:

Run with Jess said...

congrats on 18!

C. Crosby said...

That sounds great! I cannot wait till I am at that point with running! Glad it was such a good Sunday.

The Green Girl said...

Wow, awesome, congratulations on a great 18 miler!

fancy nancy said...

Woohoo! Way to go on a great run!!!

Penny said...

Great 18 miler. I love run a long with a running partner.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Your stamina floors me! You can run E! Enjoy that runners high!

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

I am way too impatient to get up to 18 miles!! I know I need to "work up to it," but I just wanna go run that long right now!! haha

Maybe that's why I get injured.