Saturday, April 2, 2011

T minus 14 days and counting!

Two weeks until the Salt Lake City Marathon! Woo hoo! I am so stinking excited. :) Anyone else out there running it? 

Welcome to everyone who has stopped by from Blonde Ponytail. I hope you keep on visiting and comment and say hi!

We got home late late last night (around midnight) and by the time we got the van unloaded, kids in bed, purchases put away, etc. it was after 1am. It was nice to be home in our own beds though and we had such a great little getaway. The kids were all super well behaved and we just had a lot of fun shopping, eating out, and playing.

And yeah... I had way too much fun in the running store(s). (We might have gone into two....) I didn't really need anything but Josh did, and it was fun to look at all the stuff and talk running with the people who worked in the store and to try on a couple of pairs of shoes I had been wondering about (didn't like anything as much as my Brooks Ravenna's). I wasn't seriously looking though... just playing. It's probably a good thing that the closest running store is a couple of hours away. :)

I got up this morning and did five miles in CRAZY wind. The first 2.5 miles were up hill and into the wind and it was really hard work to keep my pace around 8:50. When I turned around and headed back it felt so much easier with the wind at my back that I was flying and it still felt so much easier than the first half of the run (even up the big old hill that is the last mile to home). The temps were a lot warmer though than last week and I dare say that spring is really, really here. I will hopefully not be running on the treadmill anymore until November or December now. :)

It was awesome to be running outside today, even with the crazy wind and it was just one of those runs that left me smiling and feeling great at the end.

Today was one of those days that I was reminded that becoming a runner is one of the nicest and best things I have ever done for myself, and continue to do for myself every day.

I have 12 miles planned for tomorrow. Taper taper....

Happy weekend everybody! Hope your day is great.

6 comments:

Penny said...

Glad you had a great getaway with the family. Love your answers on Blonde Ponytails blog. No run today, have a 10k race on Sunday. Have a good weekend

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

We had your crazy winde too! +35 mph


2 weeks!! You got this E!!!

Alicia said...

You are amazing! I can't believe you ran over 200 miles in March. Wow! You will be smokin' fast at the marathon. Thanks so much for your offer to pick up my packet. I may have to take you up on that if I can't get any local Lehi buddies to pick up for me. You're the best. Thanks!

Beana said...

I love your line that running is the best thing you ever did for yourself and continue to do every day. That's so true!

racing dawn said...

I love marathon excitement!!! So fun... and now it's taper time!

I'll be interested to see how you like SLC marathon...

Jerilee E. said...

Just stumbled onto your blog and love it! You are awesome :).