Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mean Mother

Mother Nature is mean and cold-hearted. After saying yesterday that it finally felt like spring and that I was done on the treadmill until November or December, we had plunging temps and 3-4 inches of fresh snow fell on top of a sheet of ice. I got up this morning and thought, "I am tougher than a little snow. I am running outside anyway." I pulled on my boots and a hoodie to go out and see what the main road looked like, and it was literally an ice skating rink. It was so, so slick. So I mumbled and pouted and slipped back into the house and did my 12 miles on the treadmill... begrudgingly. I did the first 10 miles at an 8:49 pace, then ran the 11th mile at a 8:34 pace and the last mile at a 8:09. All feels good and it was a great run, despite the fact that it was INDOORS.

Stupid snow and ice.

On to nicer things...

In March I ran 201 miles. That is my first month over 200 miles which is pretty cool. I have already run 562 miles in 2011 and I have never felt better. :)

I did two 20 mile runs in March, five tempo runs and five interval runs as part of those 201 miles.

We've been planning our first team meeting for Ragnar which is less than 11 weeks away (June 17 and 18) and I am already super excited about that. We have an awesome team and I know it is going to be a BLAST. Anyone else out there ever run a Ragnar or similar relay?

That's all for now. Hope all your runs today were great and you are enjoying your Sunday!

6 comments:

Run with Jess said...

You're not alone today! No snow here, but 30mph winds!! OMG, I stepped outside all dressed and ready... No way, chalk up another one on the treadmill...

Ragnar races sound soooo cool! I'd totally love to do one someday, but need to find the right folks to do it with...

Terzah said...

I am SO excited to see how well you do in this marathon! You are ready!

I have done a 24-hour relay and it was a blast. I would love to do one again someday.

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

Treadmill! This weather is the suck! Beautiful sunny weather yesterday and windy cold weather today for a race. boo. Not as bad as your snow deal though.

Penny said...

I hated hearing that you had snow again, that really s**cks. Had a 10k race here and the weather was actually in the high 60's. It was pretty windy but doable. I sure hope you get out of that bad weather pattern soon. Hang in there.

Teamarcia said...

Very nice millwork! Snow in April is just nasty. I've never done a relay but would love to someday.
No worries on the book!

fancy nancy said...

Ugh! Just say no to snow!!! You rocked March though with you miles! Way to go! Maybe some day I'll get that high! This month I'm hoping for 150! I hope the ground thaws soon for you!