Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring?

I woke up to my seven year old daughter telling me this morning, "Happy Birthday Eve, Eve, Eve Mom!" Indeed! :)

Yesterday's 12 mile pace run was really good. I was shooting to be around 8:45-8:50 pace and ended up at 8:43 average pace for the run (and the mile splits were all really even) so I was very happy with that. It was a lot colder than I expected when I started running (my phone said it was 20 degrees but that it felt like 9 degrees, whatever that means). It was cold and did NOT feel like the first day of spring. The wind was really weird too... it would be really windy for a while, then disappear, and then pick up again and it seemed to be coming from random directions. But after the first couple of miles I felt pretty good and settled into my pace and enjoyed the run. 

On tap this week I have 5 miles tomorrow, 10 miles on Wednesday, 5 on Thursday, rest on Friday, 10 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday. Then taper and only three weeks to the SLC Marathon.

The L. A. Marathon was this weekend and if you are interested in some "odd" runner news from that race... a Sumo Wrestler claims to have set a world record, and no matter how you feel about him,  McRunner finished in 2:36 (5:57 pace). Imagine if he had fueled better. :)

If you haven't played/entered yet, remember to come play my IPOD runninglist game and enter my contest for a REALLY good book. :)

Thanks to all of you who have already left comments. They are fun to read and I have gotten some really great song ideas to add to my list. And it's good to know I am NOT the only person on earth who remembers the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" song. I knew you guys were cool.  I have to tell you though, I ran by myself yesterday and did bring my music, and I ran extra hard to Barbara Ann! That song is staying on the playlist. Too bad Beach Boy haters! :) 

Ok, work is calling. More soon! Have a great day everyone!

8 comments:

Meredith said...

Way to go on your run!! You rocked it!

Mallory said...

Great job on your run!!! Looks like a full week but you got this!!

Terzah said...

You're almost there! Hopefully the cold will break for you soon--would be nice to be in the 50s for your last 20 miler. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

LOL I was one of the Barbara Ann "disliker" not hater! Good job rocking the run!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

We need to run together! Our paces are so similar!! Great job!! I was following Mcrunner too--amazing. Ever since viewing Supersize Me-the golden arches aren't appealing!

Run with Jess said...

I can't even sneak in a visit to McD's... I've successfully brain-washed my kids. If I pull in there, my 4 yr old is like "Mom, this place is soooo unhealthy for you..." Okay, okay, Subway...
I'm following your playlist post too for some new songs of my own! :)

Kara said...

I might use McDs for training for my next marathon. I'd love to finish in 2:36 :)

thea said...

Great race pacing! I hope to be there one day. I was wondering about the McD's guy. I just don't think that would work for me. Even at my worst, I could never eat that stuff. I'm holing to gt the word out to support a great cause, Souls4Soles, and was hoping you could help. I just wrote a post about it. Awesome way to help the devastated people of Japan and clear out some of the old sneakers we're all holding on to.

http://thearodrigue.blogspot.com/2011/03/these-shoes-are-made-for-much-more.html