Friday, February 25, 2011

Y is for Yay

It's Friday! It is my running day off, which I am trying to embrace since I did a great interval run yesterday (six 1/2 mile repeats at 7:30 pace with a 1/4 mile slow run in between... five miles total) and I have 30 miles planned for the weekend (10 tomorrow, 20 on Sunday). 

I am way excited about an email I got last night! My friend Terzah is going to be driving to my house (from Boulder, Colorado) on her way to the Top of Utah Marathon in September. We will drive together to Logan, UT, stay in a hotel and then run the marathon the next morning. This is supposed to be a beautiful, awesome course (all gentle down hill) and I am really looking forward to running it. I am hoping that Jenny will be injury free and will come with us too since Jenny and I started talking about running this race together last year. A marathon and a girls' weekend? Yay!!!! Anyone else out there planning on running TOU this fall?? How about the Salt Lake City Marathon in April?


I got this fun idea from T over at Racing With Babes. Here is the Erin ABC's. :)


(A) Age: I am 33... will be 34 in March. Yay for birthdays!
(B) Bed Size: King! Josh teases me though that we could make do with a twin because I sleep all snuggled up to him and we only use a little piece of the bed most of the time. What can I say? I am a snuggler. And I love him. And he's warm. :)
(C) Chore You Hate: Cooking. I don't mind cleaning, but I have no patience for cooking.
(D) Dogs? Yup. We have one little dog, Rocko, who is inside, and one crazy black lab, Jazz, who lives outside (because of her commitment to regularly finding and rolling in disgusting, smelly, nasty stuff). Jazz is a great running partner though.
(E) Essential Start Your Day Item: Loaded oatmeal!
(F) Favorite Color: Green - the more obnoxious the shade, the better
(G) Gold or Silver? I dont' wear much jewelry, but my wedding ring is white gold and I LOVE it, and my favorite Africa necklace is silver.
(H) Height: 5ft 4 3/4 inches to be exact. Just not quite 5'5"
(I) Instruments You Play: Violin
(J) Job Title: Special Needs Adoption Coordinator, Mom, "Domestic Engineer"
(K) Kids: 12 - 3 I gave birth to, 9 we adopted. Merc 15, Nate 14, Ryan 13, Des 12, Shane 11, Ben 10, Amanda 9, Maggie 9, Belane 7, Marcus 6, Solomon 5, Noah 2
(L) Live: Wyoming!! (I was born and raised in NY though).
(M) Mom's Name: Pam
(N) Nicknames: My Dad has called me "Fur" since I was little. In college I was "Small Fry". Josh calls me "babe". Kids call me Mom, Mommy, Ma, Mama, and some friends call me "Er".
(O) Overnight Hospital Stays? I had major surgery after I got squished by a horse and had internal injuries. Other than that, just for the births of my three bio sons. There were A LOT of ER visits though...
(P) Pet Peeve: when people lie and when people smoke in their cars with their kids in there!
(Q) Quote from a Movie: hmmmm, about a thousand of them from Princess Bride and the Toy Story movies... my Dad and I have a bunch from My Blue Heaven and all sorts of movies from when I was younger...Lately the kids and I have a bunch from Despicable Me... heck my family can communicate almost entirely from movie quotes. Way too hard of a question!
(R) Right or Left Handed? Right.
(S) Siblings: One younger sister and one younger brother.
(T) Time You Wake Up? 5am if I am running outside, 6am every other day.
(U) Underwear: Not when I run :)
(V) Vegetable You Dislike: I HATE PEAS. I make faces and pick them out of everything like I am five years old. Bleck.
(W) What Makes You Run Late: I don't run late... I am almost always on time, 12 kids and all. Every once and awhile if we are headed to Salt Lake for appointments and the weather is REALLY bad it slows us down and makes us a little late. I hate being late for anything.
(X) X-Rays You've Had Done: My whole body after the horse squishing incident. I have never had a broken bone besides my big toe.
(Y) Yummy Food You Make: I make pretty rockin' enchilladas and I am good at baking (brownies, cookies, cake, etc.) when I have time.
(Z) Zoo, Favorite Animal: Elephants are my favorite! 
 
If you haven't yet, make sure you enter my Punkeelove Headband Giveaway!

12 comments:

Julie said...

Great answers! I'm still in shock over the whole 12 kid thing. I'm definitely headed over to your family blog to check you out, girl! You sound like an amazing woman!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I so wish we could keep each other company too!! You and the hubs are saints--9 adopted kiddos. So amazing.

Loaded oatmeal sounds like a perfect way tobegin the day to me!! Do you still ride horses even after beng squished?!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

fun post! I am so impressed that you can get anywhere with 12 kids. I can barely get around with my 3. And can I just say you look about 16, not about to turn 34!

SupermomE12 said...

Jess, I did keep riding horses after the squishing incident. :) I rode all through junior high and high school (equestrian) and would have ridden in college if I hadn't gotten injured. Then I ended up getting married, having kids, etc. and there is no time or money for horses.

T- Thanks! I have had people think I am the babysitter when I am out with my kids because I look young and once when we were out at a restaurant the waiter asked me where "the mom" was. LOL. I think I actually look a little older since I lost the weight because the fat used to "plump out" the wrinkles. :)

Emz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emz said...

OMGosh.

TOU was my death race of 2010.

Maybe in 2011 I should right the wrong that happened?! ;)

Run with Jess said...

What a fun post! Good luck with the weekend 30!

Terzah said...

I am very excited to be doing this race with you!! I *hope* it isn't a death march, but if it is we will have some good stories (hopefully none involving a lack of portajons). Emz, please share what made it a death march for you last year!

Erin, good luck with your big distance this weekend! I'm doing 15 tomorrow and will think of you.

Kittee said...

Loved reading your post...

You probably here this all the time, I admire people like you and your Hubby..

And you still have time to run! I think you could be Super Mom..

Teamarcia said...

I am loving your hardcore training! Great list!

Anonymous said...

Did you do your 1/2-mile repeats on the road? track? treadmill? Happy running this weekend!

Caroline said...

Hope your twenty miler goes well! I did my 15 outside yesterday in the slush, but I was so happy to be off the treadmill. I have a question. You wrote that you are from NY. How did you end up in Wyoming? Sounds like an exciting move.