Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Love Yourself Valentine Challenge

The awesome Zoe over at Run, Zoe, Run! had a really cool "Love Yourself Valentine Challenge". She mailed out a bunch of cool little skull and crossbones tattoos to people who wanted to participate, and then we were supposed to put the tattoo somewhere on our body that we are the most proud of as a result of running, and then share a photo of it.

Well, Josh refused to take a picture of my butt and forbid me to put such a picture on the internet. (He's no fun)  :)

I thought about taking a pic of one of my calves or thighs because they are super-awesome-muscular, but I was afraid that when the flash hit the extreme whiteness of my leg skin that the effect would be blinding and painful to your eyes. So you can thank me for not...

So I went with my shoulder... I  have to say I really am loving my whole upper body (with the exception of my incredible-disappearing boobs). I love having defined shoulders, collarbones, etc. and thanks to my cross training I am starting to even get some muscles. And for some reason wearing a blank tank makes me feel really tough. I didn't even like to wear short sleeves before my weight loss/running, so this is a huge change for me. :)

Ok, it is REALLY really hard to try and take your own picture, smile and flex all at the same time. Here is my best attempt. :) I am not really flexing and you can barely see my cute tattoo, but you get the idea.

What body part do you love of yourself, or what body part has changed the most as a result of your running? As much as I love the physical changes I have seen in myself since I became a runner, I also equally love the mental changes I can see in myself. More on that tomorrow with my post on motivation. :)

And remember, you have until Friday morning to enter my giveaway for $55!

6 comments:

BabyWeightMyFatAss said...

My legs have changed the most from running and my hips. The only way i could fit back into my "skinny" jeans yesterday! lol

Run with Jess said...

Your arms/shoulder are incredible!! I love toned shoulders - really working hard on that for this summer. Since I started running, I can see the definition in my calves and the thigh muscles. Love it!

Teamarcia said...

You look beautiful! me? I owe my rock solid legs to running.

Chris K said...

Wow, looks like we have ourselves a Gun Show post. You are cute.

Rae said...

You look fabulous!

Katie said...

WOW! look at those guns!

thanks for the sweet comment. :)