Thursday, January 20, 2011

September 1, 2010 - Mileage

For those following my running, here are the tallies for my mileage for the last few months. I didn't start keeping track until June, but I had a ton of miles in May (training for Ragnar... I even had a 50 mile week which is a lot for me), and starting in January I know I had at least 125 miles a month. So I am already over 1000 miles for the year. Pretty cool!
June miles - 136.6
July miles - 163.8
August miles - 124 (this is with one week completely off and one week of super low miles because of my injury)
I am using the Hal Higdon Intermediate 1 training plan for my marathon (which you can find here http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/inter1.html). I will be starting week 6 of the training schedule next week. I just finished reading Higdon's book, Marathon the Utlimate Training Guide, and it was super good and had tons of great advice. It definitely helped me feel confident that I can do this. :)
Our half marathon in Pocatello is on Saturday. It is my first half marathon but I feel pretty confident. The hip has been feeling pretty good (knock on wood) and I have liked running the 13 mile distance in training. It will be fun to have a quick 24 hours away with a friend too. :)
Here is a pic that I just got from the 5K that I ran a few weeks ago (23:33! woo hoo!) That is some wild hair!
IMG_0047

No comments: