Thursday, January 20, 2011

October 15, 2010 - Follow Me!!!

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. Poor Noah hasn't been feeling well and has been really cranky so my screen time has been really limited.
We are having a good week though otherwise. Kids are all good (and have off from school today for "Hunting Holiday").  Work is super busy as always.
This week is my longest amount of miles in my marathon training. It is not the longest single run, but has the most in the week's total (47). I did three miles on Monday, five on Tues., eight on Wed., five yesterday, today is off and then I will do eight on Saturday and 18 on Sunday.  Fingers crossed I stay injury free! I am excited to be at this point and to be feeling so good. :)
Oh, and I was asked to be featured on the Run Like a Mother website. If you haven't read it, Run Like a Mother is a super fun book written by two running moms and friends. The book is full of great advice, stories, and motivation and reads like you are sitting down and chatting with a bunch of friends. Whether you are just starting to think about running a little or are a serious runner already, this book is great and lots of fun. Once a week they feature a running mom on their website and I was flattered when they asked me.
You can find the interview here.
If you are visiting my blog from Run Like a Mother, welcome! Thanks for visiting and feel free to stick around. My blog is a mixed bag... I write about my family, my running, my work and things I am passionate about (like adoption, HIV education, advocating for kids with special needs, etc.) If you just want to read the running posts, there are categories over on the left side of the page.  I have only been a runner for a year and a half now (and I NEVER would have believed anyone who told me prior to that that I could run or would enjoy it) , but I am hooked for life. I am a runner and I love it. :)
It is a gorgeous fall weekend here so we are hoping to spend some fun family time outside and I'll definitely be taking kid pictures. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: