Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 4, 2011 - Watch out Mickey!

Walt Disney World Marathon, here I come!
Marathon number two is now less than five days away. I am really, really excited. I did my last "long run" of eight miles outside on Sunday morning, when the temperature was somewhere around -5 F. I felt pretty hard core! It was cold, but it was SO much better than the treadmill. :)
I was able to stick to the training over the holidays AND even better, I was able to not gain a pound. In fact, I actually lost five pounds during December and have leveled off the past few weeks at 141-142 lbs which is the lowest I have been this side of high school for sure. And knock on wood, everything feels great... no aches, pains or injuries.
I ran 151.2 miles in December. I wish I had kept track for the whole year, but I didn't start keeping track of my monthly miles until June. From June-December 2010 I ran 1081.2 miles. Pretty awesome! I know that I ran at least 650 more miles in the first five months of the year, I just don't know exactly how much more. I decided my goal for 2011 is to run at least 1800 miles.
For now, I am focused on marathon #2. SO excited!!! I am a lot less nervous than last time too. Last time I knew I could do it, but this time I really KNOW I can do it. I know what my body is capable of. Also, all of the little decisions that I was making myself crazy with last time (what to eat before, what to wear, IPOD or no IPOD, what pace to shoot for, and on and on and on) I am not stressing this time. My plan worked super last time, so I am going to go with it again with only minor tweaking. I realize that this will be a different race and who knows if everything will go as well this time, but I am prepared mentally and physically and am ready to go! :)
Ok, well, the part about leaving Noah I am not 100% emotinoally ready for, but I know he will be better than fine with Daddy and his brothers and sisters and I know it will be MUCH easier for him to stay home. I am also really going to miss having Josh with me. I hate being away from him any time, and he was such a HUGE support to me when I ran the Vegas marathon last month. I will miss him for sure.
That said, Josh is going to be gone on 2-3 day trips on five out of the next eight weekends once I get back (for coaching), so this little mom-only getaway probably couldn't come at a better time.
My goals for this trip and this marathon are:
- To have fun! I love Disney. I love Disney World and Disneyland and Disney movies and all of it. :) I have said since I very first started running that if I ever did a marathon (which I really doubted until about six months ago) that I wanted to do the Disney World one. This is really a dream come true, and I am going to enjoy it. I am leaning towards running without the IPOD this time and just enjoying everything along the way. I am also going to do my best to not stress about the kids at home or feel bad about going, because I know they are in great hands with their Dad and that they will have a good weekend.
- To soak up the special time with my Dad and Pam. I don't get to see them near enough, and I never get to see them on my own, so this is going to be pretty wonderful.
- To run the whole race again.
- To be faster than Vegas, even if just by a little bit. I finished my marathon last month in 4:15:50. I haven't had time to train to be faster, although I do think I can pace myself a little better and finish at least a little bit faster. I am hoping anyway! No matter what I will give it my all.
- To enjoy it! (Yup, worth saying twice). I do love running and I love racing and the whole atmosphere. I will be grateful the entire weekend for this opportunity.
I will bring the laptop and post about how it went as soon as I can. You'll probably hear from me again before I leave too. :)

No comments: